Saiga 12 converted vs. un-converted? The difference is......

Status
Not open for further replies.

spamcastle

Default rank <2500 posts
ODT Junkie!
339   0
Reaction score
What is the difference between these two? It seems to be a common question asked when ever one pops up and I'd love to know what the difference is. I've been eyeing them for a while since there is something about having a 12 gauge with a 20 round drum mag that just makes me all happy inside. It's also the closest thing to an old "street sweeper" Im ever going to get to.

Biggest diff is that a pistol grip is added. the trigger is moved forward. you can add on a folding or extendable stock. the hammer is usually changed. . You can run a drum on a unconverted if you want

you only need compliance parts if you change to a pistol grip or add over "evil" parts. Post 3 above describes what converted is - its at that point you need the 922r compliance parts. Makes it look like an AK rather than a saiga rifle. In addition to the trigger/trigger guard and pins being moved, you add a pistol grip to the receiver and usually a flash hider of some sort...

You can run a drum on a unconverted if you want

I would double check this. 922 compliance does include mags, that is why the Saiga must be imported with a five round mag.

It is NOT alright to run a drum with out changing other parts.

As you correctly stated above to convert a Saiga there must be 5 five compliance parts.

The easiest route, and most cost effective, is to use the Tapco T6 stock set (2 parts: Stock and PG), then add a Drum or 10 round mag.

Rich

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom