• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Sad Morning For Our Family....

I'm the same about my pets....very sorry for your loss...eventually, you will want to have another furchild and it's ok, Chloe and Duke want you to be happy and there will be one or two out there that need you too.

I didn't know this would hurt me so bad as it did. Going to the bathroom earlier this morning and noticed that our lovely "Chloe" (Bichon-Frize) was motion less. She wasn't doing very well lately. So as I talked to her and touched her, I found out she had passed away, maybe around 6am today. So, tears started dropping down my face and till now I am a bit emotional. - This Dog loved me so much, more than she probably liked my wife; wherever I would go, she would follow me and seat with me. She would go crazy if she would hear my voice and couldn't get closer to me.

It was some great and wonderful 12 Years of Her life, that I am thankful to The LORD for giving us such a small creature that we learn to love as one of the Family members.

Before I buried her, I did said a word of Prayer and thanked God for allowing us to have her for these past 12 years. If it is as some believe, that we will meet our Pets in Heaven, sure I want to meet all mines.

Now, I have my old Buddy, Duke... (13 old PitBull) and he is not doing good either. When he passes, I won't get any PET for a long time. Because burying my little girl was like I was burying one of my kids.
:Cry::Cry::Cry::Cry::Cry::Cry::Cry::Cry::Cry:
View attachment 3383241View attachment 3383240View attachment 3383239
So, sorry for your Loss , You loved her and cared for her for 12 Great years, sometimes I believe that our pets given so much but ask for very little. I will Pray for you.

Otto,
So sorry for your loss. It has taken me 7 years to add more family members after my buddy died. Now I wished I would have went ahead and got them earlier. You both were truly blessed to have each other for 12 years and the love with that will never be replaced.
Prayers for you, the family and Duke.

Feeling your pain. Friday evening out oldest dog (15 or 16 years old, he was a rescue so unsure of actual age) who has been with us for 15 years, wasn't able to get up after a nap on the bed. I got him down and he couldn't walk. That passed after about 3 hours of holding and petting and loving. Saturday morning we went to the vet and she said, kidney and liver failure) so we had him put down them. Holding him as he took has last breath. Hard to do but I would never leave him alone as long as I could possibly be there. Really, I didn't sleep Friday night and kept checking on him and expecting to find him dead in his bed. He went peacefully and looked younger and at peace at the end. The crematory will take care of him and he will come home later this week. His best friend, also a rescue that came home with him, went 3 months ago. We have one dog left, Buddy (Clifford's Buddy) and he walks around looking for him and sniffing everything trying to find him.

It's hard on pets, it's hard on us, we shed a lot of tears. Wife says we won't get another dog but we have to have a friend for Buddy, it's not right for dogs to not have someone else to be close to when we aren't home or can't play.

Prayers for your pup and prayers for your family as you go through the days of mourning.

Otman. I am so sorry for the loss of your baby. Words arent ever enough but I know how you feel. See you soon my friend.
Right on Brother. To have an idea how I felt, just imagine waking up in the morning and finding Lilly totally gone. That was me this morning.
I tried to be that kinda "strong man" and hold the emotion, but the damn tears started rolling down my face, and I couldn't even tell my wife what happened, choked on my emotions... Any way, it sucks!!!

Back
Top Bottom