• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

SA35- what says the ODT?

I have a genuine BHP that had a couple thousand rounds through it that I then took to a class and fired at least 800, with never a hint of a problem. They were the Glock 19 of their day. Both sample sizes of one, of course.
Yeah certainly not saying that is indicative of a larger problem. James from TFBtv said he thought it was the best pistol Springfield has made besides their 1911 line.

Brownells has a review video that mentioned it was part-compatible with the real HiPowers as well.

Only thing that was incompatible were the sights, and I guess HP's always had all kinds of sight compatibility 'challenges' even when you were just talking FN products.

Yeah certainly not saying that is indicative of a larger problem. James from TFBtv said he thought it was the best pistol Springfield has made besides their 1911 line.
Gotcha. I was trying to say, don't know how the SA35 stacks up yet vs. a BHP.

While I'm glad to see a clone in production, I wish someone would modernize it, similar to what has been done with 1911s. FN should have done it and missed out on the chance.

Gotcha. I was trying to say, don't know how the SA35 stacks up yet vs. a BHP.

While I'm glad to see a clone in production, I wish someone would modernize it, similar to what has been done with 1911s. FN should have done it and missed out on the chance.
Maybe those Staccato boys will come out with BHP clone, or Bill Wilson.

Reactions: rgo
Interesting move on their part. Nothing wrong with the Hi-Power even today. I'm sure they will be a popular model for them.

I'd wait to the initial demand wears off and then shop around.

Garand Thumb just posted this morning on his Facebook page that his SA-35 after about 800 rounds is having extraction issues. Said every 2nd or 3rd mag he's getting a FTF. Claims he's going to give it a good cleaning and everything and go to 2k and see how it holds up
Fundamentally I think there is a trade-off between tight-fitting firearms (and in theory better accuracy) and reliability. If Springfield is focusing on tight tolerances / perceived quality then that would logically reduce the reliability, especially with 'dirty' / slightly out-of-spec / lightly-loaded ammunition.

I'm looking forward to seeing one in person, and would potentially buy one if available for under $600.

I plan to pick one up when I see it on the shelf for a reasonable price. Been wanting a HP for many years, and never got around to it. A new, quality version from Springfield in the $600 price range, might do the trick

Fundamentally I think there is a trade-off between tight-fitting firearms (and in theory better accuracy) and reliability. If Springfield is focusing on tight tolerances / perceived quality then that would logically reduce the reliability, especially with 'dirty' / slightly out-of-spec / lightly-loaded ammunition.

I'm looking forward to seeing one in person, and would potentially buy one if available for under $600.
Agreed. Fwiw he posted a 2k round update and said the issue never got resolved through cleaning and such. Idk I was just relaying the message to any potential buyers. I'm sure he'll have a video of it up soon to talk about what he thinks his issue is.

Back
Top Bottom