• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

S&W SD9 review

jmathis84

Default rank <400 posts
Survivalist
20   0
Reaction score
I picked one up yesterday just to use as a Range and maybe a BUG gun. When I got home took it down to clean it. Gun fit and finish is nice for a base model S&W. Went to my little range and test function today. Fired 70 rounds of 115 grain WWB. No FTF,FTF,FTE at all. The gun ran flawless. Recoil was almost not existant. Tried 2 handed,1 handed, Double taps and rapid fire drills. The Sd performed flawless at all stances and forms. Accuracy was very good one the gun. I kept all rounds on a milk jug at 15 feet. Very pleased with this gun for its price and plan to use it as a Night stand gun. The Tritium sight on the front glows very well even in a dim but not totally dark room.

I had the SD40 last year. Didn't even clean it when I got it and put 500 rounds through it on 3 different occasions without a single malfunction. I loved it, just couldn't handle the damn rattling magazines. Sounded like a ball bearing in a coke can. I've had many semi-autos but none was as bad at noise as that one. That's the ONLY negative thing I can say about it. I almost considered getting another one, but ehh.

Lineman73- trigger is good. MUCH better than a Sigma, but I'm not really picky on triggers.

I had the SD40 last year. Didn't even clean it when I got it and put 500 rounds through it on 3 different occasions without a single malfunction. I loved it, just couldn't handle the damn rattling magazines. Sounded like a ball bearing in a coke can. I've had many semi-autos but none was as bad at noise as that one. That's the ONLY negative thing I can say about it. I almost considered getting another one, but ehh.

i also have a SD40 and i gotta admit i was skeptical at first but it proved me wrong, the gun shoots good.. im with you on the magazine noise though.. it annoys me

Back
Top Bottom