• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

S&W 500 load......

Dodge_chopper314

Default rank <5 posts
New to The Trader!
0   0
Reaction score
I have been playing with a few load for the 500 and have found one so far that works out GREAT. 44grains of H110 pushing a 300grain HP. This works great as it has enough "UMPH" but not so much that it makes your hand hurt.
I have a couple others that I am working on and will post them once I have tried and finalized them. One I am working on uses the same powder and amount but uses a 50 cal. muzzle loader bullet. Not the ones with the plastic wrapped on them. These are NOT .500 they are less once the plastic is removed. I shot them Saturday and shot a wooden 4x4 and ALMOST broke it in half. This gun is getting cooler and cooler each time I shoot it!! Cant wait for deer season!!

I have been playing with a few load for the 500 and have found one so far that works out GREAT. 44grains of H110 pushing a 300grain HP. This works great as it has enough "UMPH" but not so much that it makes your hand hurt.
I have a couple others that I am working on and will post them once I have tried and finalized them. One I am working on uses the same powder and amount but uses a 50 cal. muzzle loader bullet. Not the ones with the plastic wrapped on them. These are NOT .500 they are less once the plastic is removed. I shot them Saturday and shot a wooden 4x4 and ALMOST broke it in half. This gun is getting cooler and cooler each time I shoot it!! Cant wait for deer season!!
Welcome aboard,nice post.

I have the 8 3/8” and the 4” versions. I load 700gr projectiles over 25gr. of H110. The 4” will not stabilize the 700 projectile. These are only play guns so I’m not worried and the bullet tumbling out of the 4”. When you drop the hammer you definitely know it!!

Back
Top Bottom