• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

S&W 28-2 Highway Patrolman .357 Mag, Hammer 'Push-Off' Issue

BullseyeBoomer

Default rank <1250 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
120   0
Reaction score
Greetings from Rossville,

A fellow ODT'r who was interested in buying my pistol demonstrated during inspection that the trigger has apparently been reworked/lightened at some point, as the hammer will 'push-off' under moderate thumb pressure. For me it does not affect firing or accuracy of pistol, but I now see that it could fire if dropped with hammer cocked.

So, is there a S&W experienced gunsmith out there needing
20190830_073136.jpg
20190829_130728.jpg
work who can help me fix this?

Thanks in advance, and Semper Fi!

Thanks for the heads-up!
Any advice on where I can look for these parts and who can install?
eBay is usually a good source but like I said be careful buying used many have the same problem you have. Any so called gunsmith should be able to install a hammer and or trigger. If you can get it down to Neil down at Mid Ga Gunsmithing I could look at it for you.

Ask a revolver smith first—I like Bob Simms in Palmetto. He can certainly fix it. I “think” the single action part of the hammer can be restored with some professional TLC.

Thanks for the tip, will have to take a look at Bob in Palmetto.

I've been communicating with Eli Johnson, Revolversmith, over at TK Custom.
His logo is adorned with the titles; American Pistolsmith's Guild and American Handgunner Club 100, and has an impressive website with an array of custom services. I was thinking of sending my pistol to him for a basic action job with single action push off.

Has anyone heard of this guy?

Back
Top Bottom