• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

RWS air rifle

GAgunLAWbooklet

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
63   0
Reaction score
I just wanted to say that I loved my RWS model 36 "Diana" air rifle.

I bought it used about 20 years ago. So the gun is probably 25-30 years old.

The prior owner didn't use it much. I did, for the first several years I owned it.

After being in the closet unused for a decade, the piston seal dried out and the piston broke when I fired it a couple of years ago. RWS rebuilt it UNDER WARRANTY. No charge !!! How's that for customer service ? ! :)

It's very accurate. The long barrel gives you leverage to cook it, because it's got a powerful spring in there.

The iron sights are very expensive-looking and precise. As nice as those on any target rifle or pistol I've ever seen.

The trigger pull is crisp and reasonably light, about 2.5 or 3 lbs by my estimation.

It comes with a 3/8 (or is it 11mm?) dovetail for scope mounting, but it seems there's a lot of "barrel droop" going on. A scope has to be adjusted to the very end of its range of adjustment to zero it, and some scopes cannot be zeroed at all.

This rifle shoots lead pellets at about 900 f.p.s. from what I've read online, and that's just fine with me.
I don't need it to be supersonic, and I have never tried those plastic or light metal alloy pellets. I use all-lead pellets, usually flat tipped wadcutters. Although pointed ones like the Beeman Silver Jets are easier to load in a hurry, and have extra penetrating power when you hunt with this gun.

For backyard shooting, make a note of the noise. Spring-piston air rifles are not exactly quiet. Not like a Daisy BB gun.
i220.photobucket.com_albums_dd42_GeorgiaPacking_Guns_20owned_Dec10002.jpg

Back
Top Bottom