• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Rules for Posting News Links

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure, let's.

I took you off of being a mod for two reasons:

1. You thought it would be ok to delete 600 threads from the news links forum without even asking me. I said all along that you may be right, the problem I had with it was you thought it would be ok to make such a huge change like that without even consulting me.

2. You deleted the thunder dome thread the other day for no reason, and then lied to the folks asking about it and tried to act like their computers were broken.

That's it, simple as that.

I took you off of being a mod for two reasons:1. You thought it would be ok to delete 600 threads from the news links forum without even asking me. I said all along that you may be right, the problem I had with it was you thought it would be ok to make such a huge change like that without even consulting me.2. You deleted the thunder dome thread the other day for no reason, and then lied to the folks asking about it and tried to act like their computers were broken. That's it, simple as that.
1. You were nowhere on the site and since they were clearly in violation of the rules, and you said to delete any copy paste articles I figured you wouldn't have a problem with it. Especially since I only "soft" deleted them so really they went nowhere as evident by the fact that you restored them. 2. I deleted it because members were complaining about it saying it was the lounge spilling out onto the site. Not only were members complaining about it, but you were complaining about it as were the other mods. I restored it because after thinking about it I realized it didn't violate any rules and I didn't want to be "that mod" that I have discussed with you in the past. I didn't lead anybody to believe something was wrong with their computers, that comment came from another mod.

- - - Updated - - -

I explained that all in the mod forum but you never responded.

Oh, and your right. I did think it was ok to delete 600 threads since they were illegal and could have resulted in the site being sued out of existence.

1. You were nowhere on the site and since they were clearly in violation of the rules, and you said to delete any copy paste articles I figured you wouldn't have a problem with it. Especially since I only "soft" deleted them so really they went nowhere as evident by the fact that you restored them.

2. I deleted it because members were complaining about it saying it was the lounge spilling out onto the site. Not only were members complaining about it, but you were complaining about it as were the other mods. I restored it because after thinking about it I realized it didn't violate any rules and I didn't want to be "that mod" that I have discussed with you in the past. I didn't lead anybody to believe something was wrong with their computers, that comment came from another mod.

1. Sounds like a real emergency, glad you took action.

2. You knew I was dealing with crap from the lounge members and still deleted that thread, and you restored because you realized you messed up.

You were the one who knew you deleted it and restored it and you still posted like you had no idea.

Whats the use in having an open forum if your gonna delete theads

Feel like Im in ****in China or something.

Folks having fun in a thread and then its deleted,noone disrespecting anyone in it, but oh well.

I usualy just go with the flow but this is ridiculous, If you dont like the topic just move to the
next, just because your not enjoying it dosnt mean someone else isnt.

What are you talking about?

the thunderdome thread.

I dont see where ANY of your stuff has been deleted.

alright man i still see the thread now! weird!

There is not a SINGLE post deleted in that thread. NONE.

It was removed and is now back.
Me and another dude were using the thread then it was gone.

I dunno man. Never saw it gone. :wacko:

Your threads right here man.

http://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/th...-Allowed-And-New-Giveaway?p=987804#post987804

Try to keep better track of it next time. ;)

It was removed, the thread was gone.
didnt show up in my suscribed threads anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

and hunter noticed it gone aswell

Maybe your computers are on the fritz. I dunno man.

Mine and another members?

Solar flares.

A mod deleted it and undeleted it, looks like it was down for 30 minutes or so. I'm looking into why it was deleted now.

Oh, and your right. I did think it was ok to delete 600 threads since they were illegal and could have resulted in the site being sued out of existence.

Did you ever think maybe since there were 600 of them that I might have seen them and not really had a problem with them?

And at the time I didn't have a problem with them, but now after researching it for a few days I agree that we needed to change the way we handle them, but we didn't need to immediately delete everything before the lawyers descended that night without discussing it with anyone. I don't want mods who think it is ok to do things like that without at least consulting me.

1. Sounds like a real emergency, glad you took action.2. You knew I was dealing with crap from the lounge members and still deleted that thread, and you restored because you realized you messed up.You were the one who knew you deleted it and restored it and you still posted like you had no idea.
Looks to me like the other mod was doing all the talking. I just showed him where to find his thread and made a joke about solar flares (which he had been joking about earlier)

Looks to me like the other mod was doing all the talking. I just showed him where to find his thread and made a joke about solar flares (which he had been joking about earlier)

And you acted like the users were idiots who couldn't find their own thread, pretty arrogant and condescending when you were the one who deleted it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom