• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ruger sickness

Ruger 10mm sr 1911. I did a homemade checkering job. No it’s not a custom builder checkering job, but it certainly improved grip ability. I could get a single cut file and clean it up a bit, but it works for me as is. I intend to keep it. It’s very accurate which is why I’m keeping it. It does throw brass a hell of a lot farther that I’d like. I lose a lot.
View attachment 2620843 View attachment 2620844 View attachment 2620846 View attachment 2620847
Not much to worry about "losing" 10mm brass for me. At my range, people shoot that stuff and just leave it lay. They don't even pick it up to throw it in the trash. D-bags be d-bags I guess.

IMG_20200523_121805.jpg
Adopted a beautiful 1987 model 77/22 yesterday. Original owner and in pristine condition. Came equipped with a Nikon 3-9 Prostaff Rimfire. Can't wait to take her to the range.
Happy Memorial Day.

Short story related to the above rifle. When I picked up the rifle I noticed immediately that the magazine was not original. The owner had no idea there was a difference between a 10/22 magazine and a 77/22 mag which is not uncommon. When he got home he went through his guns and was able to find the original flat bottom magazine that was original with this rifle. He gladly offered to reconnect so I could have the original. Thanks @Rancid Crabtree

Back
Top Bottom