• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ruger quality?

Rugers 1911's are crap!

Curious as to why you think that. I did have a Taurus and it was OK, and a Kimber that I couldn't stand (unreliable) but the fit and finish on the Rugers I have (45,10mm and 9mm) have all been excellent, and the guns run smoothly right out of the box.

I will say they have gone up in price a lot since I got the 45 version for $499 back in 2012. They used to have that going for them, but these days they are just as expensive as the Springfields and the rest.

The Springfield is twice the gun half the guns under a grand are.
I own a few Springfields and they are certainly good guns. The one thing that always perplexed me in their pattern 1911s is the width of the front sight tangs (tenon width)...very ODDBALL midrange. It always made it a big deal to change

The forged frame and slide has a lot to do with how the gun gun sound when charged. It's. Solid well made gun sound you don't get with cast guns. One of the reasons when I build a custom gun I start with a Taurus gun. It has a damn good base to start with and can be had second hand for a song and a dance.

Back
Top Bottom