Ruger P90

phantom15

Default rank <300 posts
Tracker
57   1
Reaction score
I've got a Ruger P90 and its got some spots on it where the coating has been compromised. There is no rust just shiney spots where the finish has worn off. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestion as how to refinish the gun. I've thought about duro coating it but I'm not sure how it would hold up sliding in and out of a holster.

I've got a Ruger P90 and its got some spots on it where the coating has been compromised. There is no rust just shiney spots where the finish has worn off. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestion as how to refinish the gun. I've thought about duro coating it but I'm not sure how it would hold up sliding in and out of a holster.
Cerakote!

I've duracoated an 870 before- the finish didn't last very long on the pump/sliding parts. I haven't tried Ceracoat on anything before, but it's supposed to be more durable. I don't have any personal experience though.

Is the finish worn on the frame or the slide? I've got a stainless P90 that I really like. Although I did get some rust on one side of the slide- apparently my sweat is one step away from Alien blood.

The P90 came in two flavors, stainless slide and blue steel slide versions with aluminum frames. You can bead blast the slides and flat sand 400, 600, 800 grit the flats. Stainless can be left alone, blue/carbon steel can be re-blued. Traditional blue will wear with use and I have nothing against a gun with honest wear.

As far as coatings, CeraKote gets the nod of approval. They make a color to resemble bluing that appears pretty good and will resist wear better.

The frame can be bead blasted left bare or grit blasted and then coated.

I guess it depends on how much you want to spend and how much you are willing work.

I've duracoated an 870 before- the finish didn't last very long on the pump/sliding parts. I haven't tried Ceracoat on anything before, but it's supposed to be more durable. I don't have any personal experience though.

Is the finish worn on the frame or the slide? I've got a stainless P90 that I really like. Although I did get some rust on one side of the slide- apparently my sweat is one step away from Alien blood.

The frame has a couple of worn spots, the slide is ok. I've saw the different dips and coatings but need something that's not going to wear off with holster use. Does anyone know what the original coating is??

The frame has a couple of worn spots, the slide is ok. I've saw the different dips and coatings but need something that's not going to wear off with holster use. Does anyone know what the original coating is??

Anodized aluminum for the frame would be my best guess- but it's a guess. The slide is either bare stainless (probably not yours) or blued steel.

Back
Top Bottom