• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ruger M77 inquiry

Bama21

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
211   0
Reaction score
I have seen only a handful in person, but I know Ruger made several calibers in the 20" stainless M77 Mark II Ultralight.

Other than 30-06, 243, 270 and 308, what other calibers was it produced in? What years were they made? Does anyone happen to have one they want to part with? Thanks in advance yall for any info.

They made an ultralight M77 befo
re the Mark II. I only saw those in 30-06 and 270 never saw one in short action caliber. That would be a cool rifle in 308.

They made an ultralight M77 befo
re the Mark II. I only saw those in 30-06 and 270 never saw one in short action caliber. That would be a cool rifle in 308.
I have seen the stainless 20" Mark II in the calibers I listed (all very sharp by the way) and have heard they made other calibers as well, but...I can't seem to find much hard data on them. I have also seen the older blued models, but I am not much of a blued gun fan.

I had a ultralight compact mk 1 in 270. It was the 1st laminated stock I ever saw. I traded it on a standard skeleton stainless in 30-06 the 1st year they came out. Never looked back. Hunted with it ever since to this day. And it has dropped at least 1 buck,consistently, in its tracks, every year I've owned it. I got it In 1990. The year my daughter was born. I since have tried to assemble a collection of all caliber skeletons in stainless. Have 12 different calibers currently. But I recently saw a 7mm08 SELL for North of 3500.00. I realized then, that I waited too long to assemble the set. Because this fatboy ain't shelling out that amount. So if anyone seriously wants to buy maybe 8 or 9 different calibers( with quite a few hard to find ones) get with me. I will go ahead and say that the 30 06, 308, 7.62x39 and 22lr, I'm keeping. There's still 8 more. 2 with rifle sights. All have factory rings. All stainless. Sorry to high jack your thread OP.

I had a ultralight compact mk 1 in 270. It was the 1st laminated stock I ever saw. I traded it on a standard skeleton stainless in 30-06 the 1st year they came out. Never looked back. Hunted with it ever since to this day. And it has dropped at least 1 buck,consistently, in its tracks, every year I've owned it. I got it In 1990. The year my daughter was born. I since have tried to assemble a collection of all caliber skeletons in stainless. Have 12 different calibers currently. But I recently saw a 7mm08 SELL for North of 3500.00. I realized then, that I waited too long to assemble the set. Because this fatboy ain't shelling out that amount. So if anyone seriously wants to buy maybe 8 or 9 different calibers( with quite a few hard to find ones) get with me. I will go ahead and say that the 30 06, 308, 7.62x39 and 22lr, I'm keeping. There's still 8 more. 2 with rifle sights. All have factory rings. All stainless. Sorry to high jack your thread OP.
No worries, always like a good M77 discussion.

Back
Top Bottom