• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ruger LCP MAX

Hoping Shield arms design a Glock 42 mags that hold additional rounds like they did to the Glock 48. I have thee Glock 42 and lcp. The Glock is easier to shoot to me, supposedly there is a little redesign internally on the lcp max that reduces the recoil impulse.

Hoping Shield arms design a Glock 42 mags that hold additional rounds like they did to the Glock 48. I have thee Glock 42 and lcp. The Glock is easier to shoot to me, supposedly there is a little redesign internally on the lcp max that reduces the recoil impulse.
The old LCP’s kick like fricken mules. I haven’t personally owned a 42 but I saw they had a 42 at Barrows in Butler for I want to say $450 new not too long ago. Ergonomics wise they’re definitely better shooters than a standard LCP but I think this new one will give them a run for their money.

I have both big and expensive revolvers that are nice to show off and fun to take to the range,
and small frame revolvers that I view as tools for self-defense.
But I agree that manufacturers know that the American public isn't interested in revolvers as a utilitarian tool anymore -- unless there's steered in that direction by listening to the advice of friends many of whom would fit into the category of fudge and gun store clerks who are taught that newbies who come in asking for something simple and inexpensive should be steered toward a snubby 38 revolver.

The short barrel small frame defensive revolver is pretty much dead in today's market and one of the reasons is stupid gun manufacturers will not put decent sights -- quick combat sights-- optimized for 7 - 10 yards-- on their lower cost utilitarian defensive revolvers.
But the company's semi automatic pistols , even the small ones, generally do have excellent combat sights!

Then there's the issue of the trigger pull-- but I can't really blame the manufacturers for that, because I know it is difficult and expensive to have a revolver's action with a light and smooth DA trigger that still reliably fires each primer with a good hard hit.

Inferior triggers. Inferior sights. Half to one-third the ammo capacity...
revolvers ARE at a huge disadvantage to semi-autos, at least at the low to medium price ranges for utility firearms.

I still love the Ruger LCR as a snub-nosed revolver. Good sights that are easy to swap out for great ones, probably the best revolver trigger pull (from the factory) out there, and a huge variety of options and calibers. Also the polymer/metal hybrid frames soak up recoil.

Before guns like the P365 it was perfectly viable as a self-defense gun if you wanted to carry something small. The micro 9's and 380s were limited to 6 rounds so the difference wasn't that great. I have an LCR in 9mm that I used to use routinely when I didn't want to tote my FNS 9C EDC setup.

Once the P365 replaced the FNS though, there was no need to carry the LCR at all. I could carry the 365 easier and still have more ammo.

I really like the thought of a 9mm revolver, and I love the LCR line, but I honestly can't think of a useful role for it anymore.

Picked it up today at bass pro for $379. I haven’t shot it yet but it’s an awesome pocket gun as it doesn’t tug down the britches nearly as much as the 365. I’m about to go weigh it loaded.

Attachments

• 87DA047B-82BD-42A7-AE36-009061DC0A25.jpeg
    87DA047B-82BD-42A7-AE36-009061DC0A25.jpeg
    36.5 KB · Views: 17
It’s 14.3 oz loaded with 10 rds of 90 grain fmj. Just a little food scale so don’t really know how accurate that is. I know the 365 is 18 oz unloaded.
I’m so jealous… I need to go look for one but that would require a road trip to go anywhere worth looking from Cordele. $379 is only $20 more than I paid for the LCP22 new. How many mags did it come with?

I’m so jealous… I need to go look for one but that would require a road trip to go anywhere worth looking from Cordele. $379 is only $20 more than I paid for the LCP22 new. How many mags did it come with?
1 mag. Additional mags are $40 on shopruger.com. Don’t know if they can be found cheaper yet, that seems pretty steep. I hear ya on the road trip, was almost an hour and a half to get to bass pro.

So will more companies make the micro .380 like the other companies made micro 9s after the P365? I mean, it seems this would hurt the sale of .380s like the Glock 42 that only holds 6 rounds and is the similar size of a 10 round micro 9

Back
Top Bottom