• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Rossi r92

Mango Prime

Default rank <200 posts
Hunter
Banned Permanently
2   0
Reaction score
Picked one up last month. Trapper model. 16in barrel. 357 mag. Anyone have one? If so, have you changed the rear sight? Seems a little funky and not like my other lever actions.

I have the 44 trapper and 357 with the 20" barrel. I replaced the front sight on the trapper with a fiber optic, makes a lot of difference. Another upgrade I strongly recommend is a brass follower. It makes feeding so much smoother.

I have the 16" barrel and love it. Yes the rear sight is a little funky but you have to bury the front sight post in the bottom-most portion of the rear sight. With the short barrel the rifle almost seems like a toy. And I don't mean that in a bad way. Very handy to point.

I'm thinking about modifying the ejection spring to smooth out the cycling effort. Lots of vids on yt on how to do.

You can modify the rear sight if you don’t like the semi buckhorn. You can “flat top” it with the tool of your choice. You really only need the notch at the bottom to bury the front dot in (mine has a brass bead).

Back
Top Bottom