• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Rose Allen Plantation

Bear44

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
213   0
Reaction score
Well, I've signed up for me and a buddy to do the opening day dove hunt at Rose Allen Plantation. I've been looking for a top notch dove hunt for many years and have always been disappointed. I've run into everything from very few birds with kids playing on the field (with guns), way too many hunters (rude and dangerous ones included), having to demand a refund after discovering a baited field, finding out the hunt is only three hours long only when they announced that everyone had to leave the field (after driving five hours to get there), trying to plant my own field (fail, I'm not a farmer) and just ridiculous sky busters that never let the birds actually get in range.

In fact, the best hunt I've been on was last year on public land on the second Saturday of the season. Does that give you an idea of just how bad my luck has been? LOL!

I almost swore off dove hunting, but have decided to give it another try. I called Rose Allen Plantation and was impressed with the property manager. I asked some very direct questions and he didn't screw around with the answers. They were also the RIGHT answers. They have been doing this for a long time and have dedicated dove fields that are managed year round specifically for dove. The organization for the hunt sounds good and I'm really hoping this is "The One".

Has anyone heard anything good, bad or in-between about Rose Allen?

Back
Top Bottom