• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Rocky Boots (JUNK)

I had the same trouble with a pair of Rocky boots. I wore them one hunting season, the next year the sole of the boots came off. I was thinking that spending this amount of money for the Rocky's, I was doing right. I ant be buying anymore of these boots....Ray

Always worn ga boots, but all I kept hearing was how great Rockys were. So I bought a pair, long break in time and they were worn out in 5 months of sheet metal work. Biggest p.o.s. boots ever

I'm back in a pair of Ga giants and honestly I prefer them to tennis shoes!

[FONT=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]I used to walk 16- 20 miles a day for work and the soles on all brands would wear out in about 3-4 months, (Vibram could go up to 6) but the soles like a marshmallow? That's ridiculous! Even though the pair is old, I would write a letter to both Rocky and the retailer expressing your regrets with that pair and how it's affecting your future purchase decisions. I have had a lot of luck with that. That being said, Red Wing has by far the best customer service, they replace everything! RedHead/ Bass Pro has a great replacement warranty (1. Yr with reciept no questions). Asolo, and Merrill both are pricy with decent warranties, but are extremely comfortable off the bat. Georgia Boot were ok, they just wore out too fast.

[/FONT]

It appears Rocky boots are not made like they once were. The last three pairs I've had have had sole issues and or leaked. I'm also done with them and will be buying something else next. Either Danner or Meindl.

Last edited:
Rocky has went down over the years. Their combat boots (sv2 and the new one) are very good. But, Georgia boot owns rocky now. You can never go wrong with danner boots though.

For work, I have tried Rocky Iron Clad Wellingtons. The soles gave out after 3-4 months. I have tried several styles of GA Boots with the same results. Have a pair of Danner 8" non insulted Rain Forest. Have held up well, but very uncomfortable. Fells like I am walking flat on concrete.
The best I have found for work/play is 6" Wolverine Durashock non insulated with Gore-Tex. They feel like I am wearing tennis shoes, and last over a year. That good considering I wear them 10 hours a day, 6 days a week.

Back
Top Bottom