• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Rockcastle 10k zombie run for your life run N gun

Anyone have a specific time they'd prefer? If something could be arranged for the last weekend of Dec or first of Jan would there be interest? Or do we push until Feb/Mar/April pending schedules of matches and other events?

Anyone have a specific time they'd prefer? If something could be arranged for the last weekend of Dec or first of Jan would there be interest? Or do we push until Feb/Mar/April pending schedules of matches and other events?

End of December might be hard for everyone because of the holidays and mandatory family time. But hell I will do everything I can to make it for when ever it is planned.

Feb, March or April. With Shot Show and all the other shows in January along with Christmas holidays I highly doubt I would be able to do anything in December or January.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

I would love to give one of these a shot. I'm definitely not going to be good at it though, but I still think it would be fun to do. How long are the runs? Even in my prime about a 10 minute mile is all I could do. I was very fast at sprints but long range I sucked. I've never shot with a high heart rate either. So all of that being said I will not be good but I think I would still have a lot of fun. If you start another thread let tag me please so I can follow along.

I would love to give one of these a shot. I'm definitely not going to be good at it though, but I still think it would be fun to do. How long are the runs? Even in my prime about a 10 minute mile is all I could do. I was very fast at sprints but long range I sucked. I've never shot with a high heart rate either. So all of that being said I will not be good but I think I would still have a lot of fun. If you start another thread let tag me please so I can follow along.

Don't sweat the speed, just get out and do it. My strategy is run the downhill, jog the flats and power walk the uphills. Unless you run all the time, don't worry about the speed but find something that let's you survive. You could have up to 1-1.5ish miles between stages. When you get to a shooting station if you're not ready you can wait just short if the stage to let your HR settle (just counts against your run time).

Don't sweat the speed, just get out and do it. My strategy is run the downhill, jog the flats and power walk the uphills. Unless you run all the time, don't worry about the speed but find something that let's you survive. You could have up to 1-1.5ish miles between stages. When you get to a shooting station if you're not ready you can wait just short if the stage to let your HR settle (just counts against your run time).

How many stages?

You should get out there. It’s all about the fun. Even if you allow yourself 15 to 20 minutes per mile. Doesn’t matter.

In fact, the fastest times at Rockcastle were about an hour and a half for 6 miles. That’s somewhere around 15 minute miles.

Shooting with heart rate is no big deal, just calm yourself down for the shots.

Back
Top Bottom