• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Rockcastle 10k zombie run for your life run N gun

15th place for me. Crushed the run (7th overall), ran my carbine like a champ (for me at least), but really struggled on the pistol yesterday. Oh and stage 1...yeah, I apparently had ZERO idea how to load and charge an AK-47, which is embarrassing...but I do now. I will put together a full run-down later on this week when I have a moment. Couple of notes. The RO's were awesome, the course was awesome and I thought I was in crazy shape...this thing brutalized me. Drove home 4 hours right after and got out at chick-fil-a in my hometown and could barely walk inside. Resting HR last night was through the roof. I gave it all I had, and had a blast. Good spending time with bulletpaluza bulletpaluza and P ponyboy96 as well.

If you ever want to borrow an AK for a couple months let me know. Could hurt to get familiar with a platform you might encounter again in competition or real life. I have a few beaters so I wouldnt be worried about the shape its returned in.

My favorite stage was probably eight. I also did well on three, hit all of the targets and got the key to bypass the wall. But wasted a little time looking for more targets. I lost my count and did not know how many I had hit.

My fiasco at the long range stage, cost me ammo. I thought I might not have enough ammo to finish stage eight. Was picking through my mags and loading every last round on the way to eight. Had just enough rounds to finish eight clean.

Haven’t looked at the individual stage results yet. I felt like I clean stage eight pretty fast. Want to see how I did there.
Looks like that means you were 3rd on the run? That's smoking fast dude. I couldn't run from stage 8 to the finish, legs were gone, maybe ran half of that last part. That powerline hill destroyed me.

bulletpaluza bulletpaluza looks like we dropped a spot each. Most have had an adjustment to the scores.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

If you ever want to borrow an AK for a couple months let me know. Could hurt to get familiar with a platform you might encounter again in competition or real life. I have a few beaters so I wouldnt be worried about the shape its returned in.
Haha. Thanks. Think I got it now. Mag inserts at an angle and safety must be off to charge it. I KNEW I should have looked that up before the run and just forgot. I'm so narrow and deep when it comes to weapons platforms. Bolt guns, ARs and striker fired pistols...it's all I know!

Looks like that means you were 3rd on the run? That's smoking fast dude. I couldn't run from stage 8 to the finish, legs were gone, maybe ran half of that last part. That powerline hill destroyed me.

bulletpaluza bulletpaluza looks like we dropped a spot each. Most have had an adjustment to the scores.

Ya, 3rd on the run.
thanks... i tried. I was pretty beat by the time I got to 8. I had been pushing it. Leaving stage 8, i jogged a few seconds, then walked a few seconds on and off... trying to manage my HR. Getting older now.

Back
Top Bottom