• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

RK Show at ATL Expo Center Feb 16th-17th, 2019

iPhone 343.JPG
iPhone 344.JPG

FWIW the pic I posted was from the gun show yesterday in Fort Walton Beach.

Some of the vendors there drape cheese cloth over the firearms on the tables to keep the grungy hands off. They are more than happy to let you fondle if you ask but it kinda keeps the less-interested from banging the guns around. Not sure if this pic shows the cloth or not but it's on there.

iPhone 343.JPG

You can kind of see it along the edge of the table - the gray against the white table cloth.

No bargains to be had. 99% of firearms were $150-$250 above online costs. Even Hi-Point pistols were like $250.

One person had Hungarian 20rd tanker mags for $50...no thanks.

Was hoping the gun shows in GA were an anomaly but the derp is high in Florida as well.

I still enjoy going and I got to fondle an SR-22 and I may have to get me one of those little .22's with the threaded barrel.

I wound up snagging a Benchmade mini barrage for 40 below retail, and no tax, out the door. Only one they had. I walked away and got about 100 feet before going back. I just couldn't pass it up.

Also impulsed on a new sig $10 below retail and cheaper than buds. Figured why not. I didn't need it, but the price was right.

But as others have started, most prices were very high and many of the regular reloading component guys were absent.

But I had fun. Was worth the exercise.

I went to the show for a little while this morning. I enjoyed it. It's always fun to browse and be around like minded gun folks. As always, prices and selection varied greatly from vendor to vendor, sometimes shockingly so. I did pick up a Walther PPS from Rome G&P. I've been wanting to try one out, the price was right, so it came home with me.

One thing I haven't seen anybody discuss is how Cherokee G&P is no longer the low price leader anymore. There's a few shops, namely Rome G&P and Dahlonega G&P that have passed them by. Not throwing stones, Cherokee G&P has served this community well for years, but the competition is steep, and a few have passed them by.

All in all, I thought it was a good show.

Back
Top Bottom