• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Rivian to build $5B electric truck plant in Georgia

I'm not about to go out and buy an electric car or truck, mostly because I drive old as crap cars and trucks that I can buy cheap and drive them until I can't buy the bolts to put the wheels back on.

But - I have to recognize that an electric anything would fit the bill for about 99.9% of all driving that I *EVER* do. The remaining 0.1% (really long trip) could probably also be done with some careful planning.

One also needs to recognize that some of these new electric vehicles have pretty awesome performance specifications, and are in the same price range as the internal combustion vehicles they're competing against. The Rivian has 14.9 inches of ground clearance, can ford 3 ft deep, can tow 11,000 lbs, and 0-60 in 3 seconds. 800 horsepower. 900 lb ft of torque, at 0 rpm. You have to admit that those specs are awesome. Most of their users will never use it, but it's cool, nonetheless.

Plus a bunch of features that are super cool that can only be achieved in an electric vehicle. Extra outlets all over, "tank mode" where it can spin around in it's own body length, the pass through holder for really long items, etc.

I don't think an honest man should totally discount electric vehicles as a possibility. They have limitations, but so do IC engines. You have to admit how much the technology has advanced in just a few years. For the first time I'm considering that one day I may own an electric. Not because I'm anti IC engines, but just because it fills my needs. Not today because of the cheap as heck thing, but maybe one day.

Yea but can you roll coal in a little ev truck

At the current time (+/-) 54% of all electricity produced in the US is from coal. Suppose that if every time you charge up your Tesla, you also got a 5lb bag of toxic coal ash to dispose of as well.
Used to be but about 19% now & Brandon will get that down to 0 within 3 years if the buy back better nazis (west Va./joe manchin hating Bette midlers) succeed .

They can be recycled easier than the ones in laptops... but I doubt they can be reused. Probably just broken down into raw materials.

Back
Top Bottom