• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Riverbend Gun Club RNG - May 29 - Canton GA

I've been losing weight and running some. I'm going to check my schedule to see if I can get in on this. I've wanted to do one for a long time. My problem is I suck at rifle shooting and am decent at best with pistols.
You can do it! Don't let not being perfect stop you, we all have areas to improve on. Hope to see you there.

Speaking as someone who did the first RBGC RnG in 2018, I'd never shot over 100 yards prior to the competition. I was able to make the 600 yard hit with a 16" 5.56 AR and a Primary Arms 1-6x using the BDC reticle and a Grippod. It took a few rounds (I realize now that it was related to the angle of the shot and not needing 600yds worth of drop based on the angle) but I was able to clear the stage without timing out.

I'd recommend taking an Appleseed class to learn/practice the fundamentals of shooting and learn some awesome American history as well. Can't say too many good things about Appleseed...I picked up discounted tickets during their Christmas sale last year for myself and my two oldest children. :usa:
I plan to shoot my 16" AR w/ a Strike Eagle 1-8. If I don't get out to a long enough range before the event, I'll just aim high!

I'm an Appleseed Rifleman several times over, I sing their praises to everyone I can. So, I would say I have the fundamentals down, just never put them into practice over 100 yards. I missed a couple chances to go to a KD event and now I really wish I had made it happen.

I plan to shoot my 16" AR w/ a Strike Eagle 1-8. If I don't get out to a long enough range before the event, I'll just aim high!

I'm an Appleseed Rifleman several times over, I sing their praises to everyone I can. So, I would say I have the fundamentals down, just never put them into practice over 100 yards. I missed a couple chances to go to a KD event and now I really wish I had made it happen.

Well from one Rifleman to another, don't stress about the 600 yard shot.

No I'm not. Sure it's would be nice to win overall but some just want to run good some want to just shoot good some just want to finish without DQ some want to rock thier rifle better or just make the 600 yard shot. Others want to kill it with their pistol.

Everyone really is competing against themselves. Even the guy or gal that places dead last they are still 100 times more ready then everyone who excused out of it.

No I'm not. Sure it's would be nice to win overall but some just want to run good some want to just shoot good some just want to finish without DQ some want to rock thier rifle better or just make the 600 yard shot. Others want to kill it with their pistol.

Everyone really is competing against themselves. Even the guy or gal that places dead last they are still 100 times more ready then everyone who excused out of it.
Lol. Yeah I know man. Just showing up and standing on that start line makes everyone there a winner. Personally, I’d settle for no DNFs. If I can do that, the rest will fall into place.

My son graduates on the 28th. We are trying to figure out his plans. If he's going to be off with friends I'm in.

As a newbie to this is there anyone in the woodstock, roswell, to smyrna area that would be willing to sit down with me for a few. Meal or coffee would be on me. I am made of questions.

My son graduates on the 28th. We are trying to figure out his plans. If he's going to be off with friends I'm in.

As a newbie to this is there anyone in the woodstock, roswell, to smyrna area that would be willing to sit down with me for a few. Meal or coffee would be on me. I am made of questions.
Post em up.

Shoot off all questions. If you are willing to meet up in cumming after 6pm any night during the week I'll sit down with you and answer all your questions

Post em up.

Shoot off all questions. If you are willing to meet up in cumming after 6pm any night during the week I'll sit down with you and answer all your questions

I'll make a list of questions and post them.

I can meet up that way. That's not to far from me. I'll send you a PM

Back
Top Bottom