• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Riverbend Gun Club RNG - May 29 - Canton GA

Good luck tomorrow everyone. Wish I could make it but I guess it's not in the cards. First time being sick in nearly two years and it has to fall this weekend. I'll see you guys in Savannah

For the newbs, PLEASE just have fun and enjoy it. Give yourself only one expectation...finish. You got plenty of time to set all the goals you want for your second one. If you pressure yourself, you will not enjoy it and your first one is a huge learning experience about you and your gear anyway.

You don't know what you don't know and that's ok. Take it in, ask questions, SLOW DOWN, carry more ammo than you think you need and enough water for a couple hours in the heat.

Try to run at a pace you could run for three times the distance and shoot for accuracy not speed. I wholeheartedly believe this approach to your first one is not only most optimal for future growth but likely most optimal for your first performance.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Good luck tomorrow everyone. Wish I could make it but I guess it's not in the cards. First time being sick in nearly two years and it has to fall this weekend. I'll see you guys in Savannah

For the newbs, PLEASE just have fun and enjoy it. Give yourself only one expectation...finish. You got plenty of time to set all the goals you want for your second one. If you pressure yourself, you will not enjoy it and your first one is a huge learning experience about you and your gear anyway.

You don't know what you don't know and that's ok. Take it in, ask questions, SLOW DOWN, carry more ammo than you think you need and enough water for a couple hours in the heat.

Try to run at a pace you could run for three times the distance and shoot for accuracy not speed. I wholeheartedly believe this approach to your first one is not only most optimal for future growth but likely most optimal for your first performance.

This advice will guarantee you actually do a second event.

I have said it a million times when it comes to these you only are competing against yourself.

Solid advice

I will attempt to heed your advice. Two questions-
What would be a reasonable ammo count to carry to almost assure I don’t run out? I got twice the minimum loaded up right now.

Second - what’s the Savannah event? Are there any others coming up?

What would be a reasonable ammo count to carry to almost assure I don’t run out? I got twice the minimum loaded up right now.

I would toss some loose rifle and pistol rounds in a cargo pocket. From what I have read from the RO's this event leaves alot of room for missed shots. I added a mag carrier for rifle and pistol since reading. So I will have 120 rifle and 84 pistol on me for my first leg and I might add more for second leg to complete my 10k.

Hope this helps

Also back out of this thread I had stated a thread that asks for a run n gun schedule and people posted links to them.

I always followed @ngcsugrad09 advice and carried twice the minimum round count + an extra mag for each gun. It hasn't failed me yet.

The Savannah event is the 17 South R&G. It's a short 5k event that's flat...but HOT.

I ran at 9. Weather was great. Pistol was definitely more challenging this time and I barely had enough at 96 rnds. Got some practicing to do. Overall had a great time again.

Sent from my BV9800Pro using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom