• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Riverbend Gun Club RNG - May 29 - Canton GA

I’m running a bladetech that I’ve modified a bit to add additional retention (just a strap I attached to add extra). I hear the safari land is the way to go.

Probably safariland ALS. Good retaining, draw still fast, wont jam up easily with debris
I’m running a bladetech that I’ve modified a bit to add additional retention (just a strap I attached to add extra). I hear the safari land is the way to go.

Thank you guys. I'm getting excited for it, trying to get my gear settled.

Thank you guys. I'm getting excited for it, trying to get my gear settled.
Lol. Yeah it’s a sickness. It will definitely tell you what works and what doesn’t. Folks went from chest rigs and LBVs to belts only to belts and micro chest rigs. I personally like to run with a camelback (can stuff some extra stuff in there) and an HSGI belt with tacos. Make sure you have water with you. Don’t forget to hydrate and hydrate some more starting 2 days before, eat and make sure you get plenty of sleep. It will be one of the most taxing things you’ll ever do.

There’s a RnG group on Facebook. Bunch of experienced regulars on there with plenty of helpful feedback.

Add a pair of gloves and wool socks to your list.

Don't underestimate running with a backpack for RnG. All you need is one or two mag holders, pistol holster, and the bag and you are good to go. In RnG, you can pull anything you need out of the bag before the stage timer goes off (that time is on your run-time) or even when you roll up on a stage.

Remember though when you are on wait time, you are not allowed to fiddle with your gear. You are in a state of "suspense".

Lordy, I hate Practiscore .... anywho, Bruce messaged us with the following info. If you are like me, you never see the inbox notification.

Hello Run-and-Gunners!

Here are the basic descriptions for the stages. Round counts are minimums.

Stage 1 - This stage will involve flash cards and a VTAC board. Range will be less than 40 yards. Targets will be...small. (20) rounds rifle.

Stage 2 - Shooters will alternate between a standing position and a prone position on a table. Standing target will be reduced IPSC at 100-200 yards. Table target will be IPSC torso at 600 yards. (12) rounds rifle.

Stage 3 - Box 2.0 - Uncomfortable shooting positions and make-up hits as necessary on a long pistol target. (12) rifle and (?) pistol.

Stage 4 - Ammo shortage - On beep shooters must load a pistol magazine and then engage targets. Strong and weak hand. Range up to 40 yards. (20) pistol

Stage 5 - Windsprints 2.0 - You need a sling that will allow your rifle to hang safely in front of you for this stage! Shooters will alternate between rifle and pistol shooting positions and targets as instructed. Range about 20-30 yards. (10) pistol (10) rifle.

Stage 6 - More mind games plus a drag dummy and an X-wall. Range about 30 yards. (10) pistol (10) rifle

Anyone know what an X-wall is?

My guess is a standing and kneeling position for left and right shoulders. Shoot it in an X pattern such as standing right shoulder, kneeling left shoulder, kneeling right shoulder and standing left shoulder.

Back
Top Bottom