• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Riverbend Gun Club RNG - May 29 - Canton GA

My sons graduation party will be that day but I am definitely still going to try to get in on one, as well as keep running. But here's my list of questions for a newbie.

What kind of chest rig do you recommend or do you use a back pack?
Do you carry your ammo loose or have enough mags to keep from reloading while moving? If you carry loose ammo what do you put it in, a pouch of some type?
How many mags is a good amount to carry for each gun?
Are there limits as to what type of pistol or set up? I.E. red dot or iron sites
What's a good scope for 600 yards. I've never shot that far before so it might not really matter for me lol
Is it easier to run with your pistol on your chest rig or hip? Is either way accepted?
What constitutes a did not finish/qualify? Missing to many targets?

>really any that will hold 4 3rnd mags. I prefer bungie retention to flaps
Do you carry your ammo loose or have enough mags to keep from reloading while moving?
>With extra AR mags just keep them loaded they dont weigh much
If you carry loose ammo what do you put it in, a pouch of some type?
>Bags inside of a pouch. I wouldnt put it in a pocket because it will flop to much
>I carry more for pistol since i miss more with pistol. But 4 - 6 for either
Are there limits as to what type of pistol or set up? I.E. red dot or iron sites
>No. Just no AR/ak pistols
What's a good scope for 600 yards. I've never shot that far before so it might not really matter for me lol
>Something with either bdc or milldots
Is it easier to run with your pistol on your chest rig or hip? Is either way accepted?
>I use a hip holster. Dunno if chest holsters are ok
>Run out of time

>really any that will hold 4 3rnd mags. I prefer bungie retention to flaps
Do you carry your ammo loose or have enough mags to keep from reloading while moving?
>With extra AR mags just keep them loaded they dont weigh much
If you carry loose ammo what do you put it in, a pouch of some type?
>Bags inside of a pouch. I wouldnt put it in a pocket because it will flop to much
>I carry more for pistol since i miss more with pistol. But 4 - 6 for either
>No. Just no AR/ak pistols
>Something with either bdc or milldots
>I use a hip holster. Dunno if chest holsters are ok
>Run out of time

Run out of time at the stations or just overall time together

My sons graduation party will be that day but I am definitely still going to try to get in on one, as well as keep running. But here's my list of questions for a newbie.

What kind of chest rig do you recommend or do you use a back pack? I use kydex mag holders which I make but are basically a copy of a commercial product, they attach to your belt and imo are faster and distribute weight better.
Do you carry your ammo loose or have enough mags to keep from reloading while moving? If you carry loose ammo what do you put it in, a pouch of some type? I carry all the ammo I need in mags, If you don't have enough mags I'd carry maybe 10 rds in a plastic bag in my pocket otherwise buy more mags.
How many mags is a good amount to carry for each gun? Depends on how good you think you are and how much opps ammo you wanna give yourself. I typically calculate 25% more than the minimum needed. I know some people who carry double.
Are there limits as to what type of pistol or set up? I.E. red dot or iron sites No
What's a good scope for 600 yards. I've never shot that far before so it might not really matter for me lol I use a holosun w/ ACS and a 3x magnifier. Makes for fast up close and good distance ability. What's more important imo is experience shooting that far. You can do this course with irons if you know how your gun shoots and can see the target.
Is it easier to run with your pistol on your chest rig or hip? Is either way accepted? Hip is always my preferrence.
What constitutes a did not finish/qualify? Missing to many targets? Not finishing and giving up. Everything else is just time penalties.

You are going to get a million answers, here is mine.

What kind of chest rig do you recommend or do you use a back pack? (NONE I keep it all on the belt)
Do you carry your ammo loose or have enough mags to keep from reloading while moving? If you carry loose ammo what do you put it in, a pouch of some type? (No loose ammo, get more mags)
How many mags is a good amount to carry for each gun? (Double the course minimum +1 mag)
Are there limits as to what type of pistol or set up? I.E. red dot or iron sites (Nope)
What's a good scope for 600 yards. I've never shot that far before so it might not really matter for me lol (6 power is enough to get you there, many guys have gotten there on 1x)
Is it easier to run with your pistol on your chest rig or hip? Is either way accepted? (Not sure, but I only run on hip)
What constitutes a did not finish/qualify? Missing to many targets? (Depends on the RNG)

You are going to get a million answers, here is mine.
Ditto Burdy’s answers. If you run a chest rig, you will want the smallest possible one. You will be low crawling under wire. Honestly I have often contemplated running an old school H harness. The old school LBV would also be a good option IMHO. Personally I run an HSGI belt with tacos. I have a very badly herniated disc at L5S1. So I want as little weight on my spine as possible and no bounce. I also run a camelback and throw my extra mags in there for longer courses, sometimes I don’t even run that and just carry a water bottle on my belt. I typically carry 2x course of fire and always come back with a lot of extra ammo.

Waitlisted.

My first time doing anything like this.

Thanks to all you champs for all the write ups and videos. Been watching the last couple years.

Can somebody help me out please ?

I signed up this morning and was wait listed. I just got an email asking if I am a member at RBGC. But the email is from noreply@practiscore

Can somebody pm me some contact info to reply to this please ?

Thank you,

PMing you now
Can somebody help me out please ?

I signed up this morning and was wait listed. I just got an email asking if I am a member at RBGC. But the email is from noreply@practiscore

Can somebody pm me some contact info to reply to this please ?

Thank you,

Training for this run N gun got me chased by a dog!
Actually by 2 different dogs in the same run 10 minutes apart from each other. The first one was a 30lb mutt that didn't like it when I squared off with it and it turn and fled. The second was 60lbish beast. I run with my headset turned down low so I can hear traffic and dogs. I do run with a glock 26 strapped to my weight vest.

I had just got to thinking about it and my running app and zoomed in on the map you can see me running around like crazy. G26 was drawn but never fired and the owner eventually came out.

Thought you guys might find this funny.
Screenshot_20210331-211125_MapMyRun.jpg

Back
Top Bottom