• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

River bend gun club question

I've done dozens of .22 rimfire rifle and highpower rifle matches there, at the 100 yard range and the big range (200, 300, and 600 yards). I've seen other events as I passed by, but did not participate in action pistol, cowboy, 3-gun, benchrest, centerfire bullseye pistol, metallic silhouette, or skeet / sporting clays.

It does look like an excellent, well-managed range.

If you owned 20 acres of property for your own private range in that area, or any area a similar distance from Atlanta, you'd be looking at about $900 PER YEAR, every year, just in property taxes. So, paying that as a one-time initiation fee to a shooting club with 500 acres seems like a good deal to me. The annual dues are reasonable too.

Last time i looked into becoming a member there was a about a 1.5yrs ago and they had a pretty long waiting list, plus you had to be voted it. Ontop of that it was $1200(I think) a year with a one time start up of $1000. Imo its probably extremely worth i!

Last time i looked into becoming a member there was a about a 1.5yrs ago and they had a pretty long waiting list, plus you had to be voted it. Ontop of that it was $1200(I think) a year with a one time start up of $1000. Imo its probably extremely worth i!

There is no waiting list and there hasn’t been one for years.

The initiation fee is $900 and your first years dues are prorated. Dues are $306 a year. Yes they vote every member in, it’s in our by-laws. You’ll need a GWCL or background check, need to be a member of the NRA (also in the by-laws) and 2 sponsors. You’ll also need to attend a New Member Orientation to go over the rules and tour all the ranges, there’s 29 of them.

Membership applications are available by e-mailing the manager at clubmanager@rbgc.org.
Section 4 explains how to get sponsors, it’s not difficult.
Yes, I’m a member.

The initiation fee is $900 and your first years dues are prorated. Dues are $306 a year. Yes they vote every member in, it’s in our by-laws. You’ll need a GWCL or background check, need to be a member of the NRA (also in the by-laws) and 2 sponsors. You’ll also need to attend a New Member Orientation to go over the rules and tour all the ranges, there’s 29 of them.

Membership applications are available by e-mailing the manager at clubmanager@rbgc.org.
Yes, I’m a member.
Thanks for the info! I sent an email. I was going to participate in some events to meet some people when I get back from MO next week.

Yes, I’m a member.
If I lived within a two hour drive I'd absolutely join. Superior, well managed club.

I've been a member for about a year now. Definitely worth the steep price of entry as it tends to keep the redneck trash out. Those $$$'s go towards range maintenance, salaries of the ROs, emergency relief funds, etc. It also helps that while the management and ROs are all about "safety first" (which they should be anyway) and they arent tyrannical fudds about rounds per minute or certain firearm types, etc. It's a pretty chill place. I've ALWAYS had a great experience every time I've went, and with every RSO I've interacted with.

It's action bays are also amazing. They just built 2 more, although one is still under maintenance after a small berm-slide after heavy rain. After taking the rifle cert class, I've been up with my rifle, handgun, plate carrier and belt doing run and gun drills about every weekend now for the last 2 months and haven't had to wait for a bay to clear out or anything.

Regarding joining though, I think they have a 2000 member limit, but are well under that for now. I imagine if Biden gets in office alot of folks will not be renewing due to ammo dry-up and a potential AWB coming into affect so the pool for membership may open even more.

If you still need a signature, I'd be glad to accompany you and make sure you're safe regarding the handling of your firearms, see how you shoot, and give you a signature after you get the application in hand!

I've been a member for about a year now. Definitely worth the steep price of entry as it tends to keep the redneck trash out. Those $$$'s go towards range maintenance, salaries of the ROs, emergency relief funds, etc. It also helps that while the management and ROs are all about "safety first" (which they should be anyway) and they arent tyrannical fudds about rounds per minute or certain firearm types, etc. It's a pretty chill place. I've ALWAYS had a great experience every time I've went, and with every RSO I've interacted with.

It's action bays are also amazing. They just built 2 more, although one is still under maintenance after a small berm-slide after heavy rain. After taking the rifle cert class, I've been up with my rifle, handgun, plate carrier and belt doing run and gun drills about every weekend now for the last 2 months and haven't had to wait for a bay to clear out or anything.

Regarding joining though, I think they have a 2000 member limit, but are well under that for now. I imagine if Biden gets in office alot of folks will not be renewing due to ammo dry-up and a potential AWB coming into affect so the pool for membership may open even more.

If you still need a signature, I'd be glad to accompany you and make sure you're safe regarding the handling of your firearms, see how you shoot, and give you a signature after you get the application in hand!
You’re awesome. I emailed the “manager” for an application. I’ll PM you when I get a reply with the application.

(There is no limit on the number of members- at his time).
They're near 2,100 now, they keep good records and review them every month, they'll know when to call a halt.......

Back
Top Bottom