• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

River Bend Gun Club January Steel Challenge

I couldn't agree more...I EDC a Glock 23 currently, but when I hit the range I always start out with the Glock 44 before I move to my gun and it's tough to put down it's so much fun.

I have never been able to like any Glock I have shot, bought and traded all kinds of them. Then along came this little jewel and I fell in love!!

I had a blast up at RBGC this morning for the steel challenge, I will most certainly be doing it again soon. I was nervous as hell for our first stage...and I happened to be the first shooter of our group. It was also the one setup that I dreaded shooting (pendulum) and my luck, got it out of the gate. The first 3 attempts were horrible, I was missing everything and my sights were bouncing up and down with nerves and adrenaline. I then settled down and did decently to end the stage.

The rest of the day I was calm and had an absolute blast. I shot about how I thought I would for the first time out, 5th - 7th ranked in RFPI, depending on the stage...but so much fun! The gun ran well all day, only malfunctions occurred on the last couple of attempts at the final stage. Everyone I encountered were very friendly and safety minded. I feel a new addiction coming on...

Back
Top Bottom