• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Rimfire hosts

Phydoux

Default rank <3000 posts Lifetime Supporter
Violent pacifist
103   0
Reaction score
Like most, shooting rimfire suppressed is my favorite. The majority of my cans are rimfire,7. and to most I’m still a noob!
anyway I have a chance to get a browning 1911-22 with a threaded barrel. I have most of the threaded .22 pistols and rifles, or have had them.
Anyone have any real world experience with that model? I’ve had a colt/umerex knockoff and it did fine, just felt cheap.
Would love to hear the opinions on the browning!
Thanks guys!!
Phydoux

Like most, shooting rimfire suppressed is my favorite. The majority of my cans are rimfire,7. and to most I’m still a noob!
anyway I have a chance to get a browning 1911-22 with a threaded barrel. I have most of the threaded .22 pistols and rifles, or have had them.
Anyone have any real world experience with that model? I’ve had a colt/umerex knockoff and it did fine, just felt cheap.
Would love to hear the opinions on the browning!
Thanks guys!!
Phydoux
I think the best 22 pistol hosts are the Ruger MK series and Browning buckmarks.
My experience with 1 1911-22 turned me off of all of them. Felt cheap and wouldn't eat anything.

I've honestly never had the best of luck with 1911 pattern .22's as suppressor hosts or on it's own for that matter. What's crazy is the cheaper brands have run like a top with subsonic and all around trash ammo. I'm talking Kel-Tec CP-33, P17, Taurus TX-22 and the like. I can only think this is because of the lighter action on these. The 1911 has a lot of meat to cycle such a lightweight round so I'd imagine you'd have to run stingers or similar to get it to run reliably.

Id really like for someone to come out with a Nagant style revolver for .22lr with the gas seal system so it can be suppressed. That would be a lot of fun and if it could somehow use the .22lr case without modification, it would be cheap fun.

I’ve had the colt/umerex 1911. Worked fine just felt cheap. The browning is something that I have a chance to get at a very discounted price. From what I’ve read, the browning 1911-22 breaks down just like a regular 1911. That’s kinda interesting!
my hosts right now are a mkIII, mk4 with an aftermarket upper,
S&W compact
Walther PPK/s
Baretta .22
Ruger sr
P17
I’ve had more but those are the keepers.

Back
Top Bottom