• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Rimfire benchrest match - edit April 25th.

OK... On the dedicated .22 rimfire range, we have no targets at 200 yards... the range is set to shoot no farther than 100 yards at all times... We usually shoot 4 relays of either 50 yards or 100 yards or a combination of both... You don't have to have 24x, especially at 50 yards, but at 100 yards... you will be awfully glad you have it...

OK... On the dedicated .22 rimfire range, we have no targets at 200 yards... the range is set to shoot no farther than 100 yards at all times... We usually shoot 4 relays of either 50 yards or 100 yards or a combination of both... You don't have to have 24x, especially at 50 yards, but at 100 yards... you will be awfully glad you have it...
Good! That mention of 200 yards on the webpage was making me aggravated. ;)

What is considered a good set up for this type of event? Never been to a match, so help a noob out.
Benchrest has a lot of voodoo, even the rimfire stuff. Basically looking at boats of a rifle with high magnification scopes, super light triggers, all sitting in and on vice setups to remove influence from the shooter.

I'm not a benchrest shooter though. I'll Basically just run modified prone off a bench or fully prone if they allow.

thanks friend. You shooting this one?

A .22 lr only... sighted in properly, hopefully a sweet, smooth trigger...
A front bag or bipod for the front rest, I prefer a bipod...
A good rear bag...
If your shooting a semi-auto .22... multiple magazines... each relay is 30 rounds plus whatever amount of sighters you wish to shoot...
Quality .22 ammo that shoots to your point of aim consistently...

The wife and I usually bring a brick... most of the time, as long as our wind on the range plays nice, we go thru about 300 rounds together...
If you burn up a lot of sighters, you'll eat up most of a brick...

Back
Top Bottom