• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Rimfire benchrest match - edit April 25th.

Found out today that next Benchrest match will be 4 100 yarders.... fun for alll...:thumb:
Ugh.... :tsk:
Last thing Simon told me (Friday) was that it would be dependent on the wind forecast. But then I guess that would mean a windy 100 yard match or a real windy 50 yard match. Pick your poison I guess. :doh:

That would be interesting, may have to think about trying 100 instead of 50.I doubt Toman,Patterson and others will shoot the 100 yard match so there should be some interesting scores. Our match at Chickenfoot went well, only 11 shooters tho, guess it was all the beginning other range match's that started that kept many away. We won't have another till June 5th.I'd like to mention something if I might. When I began the benchrest gig I had terrible scores compared to the top tier shooters and a few folks I had brought along got disgruntled and quit.

It is not a game for most folks. They deal in extreme accuracy to get high score, and it does takes very specialized equipment, skills, money and great ammo to succeed and score well. Initially all I shot were factory rifles and the scores showed it, but I still showed up and shot simply because as a shooter it is in my blood, competing against myself each match to improve my scores. The I got a better custom built rifle luckily off an auction for a mere $650. A Remington 40X w/custom barrel/benchrest36X scope,3 in. forearm and went and purchased a 1 piece rest and my scores rapidly improved, but not to the level of the top tiered shooters out there now. My rifle is a 20 yr old build, out of date by todays current level, yet still an improvement over a factory rifle, scores went up, won a match in Chattanooga, have scored well on some match's here and almost won a few, but never have here

So Sat. was 1st match in over a yr and a half, it showed, dead last (again:) ),but I will be back as I can get better ammo than the 3-4 yr old stuff I'm using and I'm finally getting cataract surgery and hopefully and implant for my Glaucoma in the coming months that should help, but you can't improve your game without seat time period. Hope some of y'all will stay the course at any range, Ringing steel is fun but this is Extreme Accuracy at 50 yds. It's equivalent to hitting a golf ball at 300 yrds,Cmon
S0467052 (1).JPG

I didn't realize Riverbend was this close to me..id like to try some of that rimfire stuff at 100
Show up Sunday!

From the match director.....

Greetings All,

The second fired match of the 2021 River Bend Gun Club Rimfire Benchrest season will be held this coming Sunday May 23rd, 2021. Unlike last month the weather is forecast to be hot with much more moderate wind.

Subject to change based on wind conditions, the match will consist of 4 cards fired at 100 yards on the IBS 200 Yard hunter target using .22 rimfire rifles and will be held on the Jim Hinkle Rimfire Rifle Range at River Bend Gun Club. Match fees are $10 for RBGC members and $15.00 for non-members – please bring exact change. The range will accommodate 14 shooters per relay with multiple relays formed if necessary. Registration will start at 8:15 AM with first shot downrange about 9:30 AM. Cash prizes will be awarded for match and or class winners.

The range is a bit short on stools, so if you have a shooting stool, please make sure to bring it.

At the conclusion of the match we will need to clear the firing line to accommodate the Black Hawk Open Regional match to be fired the following weekend. Please lend a hand in moving the benches as with many hands the work won’t take long.

CORONAVIRUS-RELATED REDUCED SAFETY PROCEDURES

Despite reduction in Covid-19 cases, please follow the following guidelines.

1. If you feel sick, please stay home.

2. If you look sick, we will send you home.

I quickly sighted in my 77/22 this week (at 50) with the 36x on it waiting for the return of the RPR. It's shooting well and I'd enter at 50 but I'd just be wasting ammo at 100 yards. I'll get there, eventually. But post pics and let us know how you shoot! ;)

gotcha. I got sidetracked on another project so I’m behind on assembling my rifle.

Show up Sunday!

From the match director.....

Greetings All,

The second fired match of the 2021 River Bend Gun Club Rimfire Benchrest season will be held this coming Sunday May 23rd, 2021. Unlike last month the weather is forecast to be hot with much more moderate wind.

Subject to change based on wind conditions, the match will consist of 4 cards fired at 100 yards on the IBS 200 Yard hunter target using .22 rimfire rifles and will be held on the Jim Hinkle Rimfire Rifle Range at River Bend Gun Club. Match fees are $10 for RBGC members and $15.00 for non-members – please bring exact change. The range will accommodate 14 shooters per relay with multiple relays formed if necessary. Registration will start at 8:15 AM with first shot downrange about 9:30 AM. Cash prizes will be awarded for match and or class winners.

The range is a bit short on stools, so if you have a shooting stool, please make sure to bring it.

At the conclusion of the match we will need to clear the firing line to accommodate the Black Hawk Open Regional match to be fired the following weekend. Please lend a hand in moving the benches as with many hands the work won’t take long.

CORONAVIRUS-RELATED REDUCED SAFETY PROCEDURES

Despite reduction in Covid-19 cases, please follow the following guidelines.

1. If you feel sick, please stay home.

2. If you look sick, we will send you home.
Thanks

Back
Top Bottom