• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Right place/ right time.

Comanche

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
124   0
Reaction score
So I delivered some used furniture to a 100 acre farm near one of my favorite hunting spots.
I e passed this farm numerous times and always wished I could hunt there but never even thought to ask since it just looks like no freaking way anyone would let me hunt this place.
It has lakes, pastures, hardwoods and is over run with deer.
I offered to clear some of her horse trails of downed limbs, vines, etc in exchange for hunting and she said “By all means, come hunt cause we’re over run with them.”
She gave me exclusive rights to hunt the place but I can’t bring anyone else
Cause she’s real particular about people.
I’m not complaining.
I’m taking more stuff over there tomorrow and I’m gonna ride some trails with her and her Son on horseback to get an idea of what she needs done as well as showing me the property lines.
I’ll take my ATV and trailer to do some trail
Maintenance this weekend.
Freaking stoked although I can’t shoot any bucks for the rest of the season.

No one else hunting this land? Very nice!
A good deed might just pay off, congrats!
No.
She let her neighbor take an 8 pointer from it but he just wanted one for the freezer that’s it.
She said she will let me hunt it exclusively for the rest of the season and her neighbor again next year for his buck and hopefully I can fill my whole harvest record up next season.
She has a lot of work to do there so I’m sure we can trade off nicely.

This is the way it was once done. Used to help bale hay in my youth so as to have a place to dove hunt.
Me too …plus I was dating the farmers Daughter and was basically taken advantage of with the farm help.
It’s was awesome cause I learned so much more than your average kid working on that farm.
Made me the person I am today.

So I had a short conversation with the owner today at the horse farm and got to check a bit of the property
Out.
There’s a major steep hill that borders a decent sized creek.
Would be a killer ambush spot for anything near the creek bottom but dangerously steep which kinda looks fun.
I’ll be checking out the trails that lead to and through the hardwoods towards a pasture/lake and wooded mountain top.
Gonna be like a kid in a candy store.

Congrats. The ultimate invite, treat it right. These horse farms have some great deer but with that comes horse women. They are a very particular bunch lol. I inherited exclusive rights to a similar place. The previous “hunters “ were not exactly sensitive to their surroundings or the owners wishs. I keep the gates and my mouth shut. Lol. This season is far from over. I get good daylight pics through January. Good luck

Back
Top Bottom