• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Rifle at the ready

Learned from my father. You can one handed deploy and shoot if you have to, atleast once, platform depending. Hopefully nobody will get that close, but you never know....
That's what the little scaredy pee-dogs are for. They are always on alert and scared. At the first sign of entry or trouble they bark so you can protect them... Best early warning system available. If you've got a killer like a big Dobie or similar that barks as well while attacking, all the better. Just gives you more time to react. :0)

I had a little bitty Chihuahua/ Pomeranian mix. She was tiny In mean she could fit it one had. The dog you see in my screen pic was Opie. He was the lovenest Pit you ever met. Loved everybody. I could reach in his dinner bowl and not even a peep. He did have a small territory problem when he was around me. He would growel when little Lucy got to close. However if she took a notion she would run his ass under the table. Funniest thing you ever did see. She was the size of one of his ears and she would set him straight in a minute. He passed a couple months after moved up here. I cried like a woman when he passed he was truly the most loyal animal I have even known. A heart of gold and he was one of the family. You can't see the pic very good but I just can't take it down. I will remember that dog for the rest of my life. He was a better friend to me then my wife was at the time and the gods honest truth. He guarded my kids like an angel.

Close your doors at night to keep those bear out Greg, they have trouble with the knobs. I guess it's the lack of opposable thumbs.
LOL. My Grandfather shot a bear from his kitchen window. They a big dipper to get a drink of fresh water from the spring and it always hung over the sink. He was getting a drink of water and heard s commotion under the window. He looked out and a bear was rifling through the trash. He stuck his double barrel out the window and placed the muzzle about three inches from his back up near the head. KABOOM! Bear Al la mode. But he lives in a less populated area than I do. No body up there on Cotton Creek.

Back
Top Bottom