• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Rib Roast

So, I bought a nice 10-1/2 lb angus beef rib roast, coated it in butter, salt, and black pepper. Going to let us sit in the fridge until Thanksgiving, then plan to smoke it over Cherry for 4-5hrs and then sear in the oven. Back up plan is a beer brined turkey, rotisserie cooked in the Weber kettle, always a safe bet.
View attachment 2372160 View attachment 2372161
Definitely do the reverse sear. Had a butcher tell me to smoke it too 135* wrapped in foil and then turn up the heat (green egg) to 5-600* remove foil and put it back on for 5-10 mins. Best rib roast I’ve ever had bar none.

Definitely do the reverse sear. Had a butcher tell me to smoke it too 135* wrapped in foil and then turn up the heat (green egg) to 5-600* remove foil and put it back on for 5-10 mins. Best rib roast I’ve ever had bar none.
Yeah, going to crank the oven all the way and give it a 8-10min sear when finished. Just hit 110deg so getting close...

Got a bird on the spit as well. 24hr Guinness beer brine is my go to for thanksgiving Turkey. Stopped frying them years ago when I got the rotisserie for the Weber.

D0A0CAF4-0121-4369-B36D-DC9B68232957.jpeg

Nice job - I cook a standing rib roast each Chtistmas - it is always highly anticipated and well received.

Tomorrow I will be preparing and presenting my oven baked, brined Turkey.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom