• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Review: Chestnut Mtn. Georgia WMA range

kodis556

Wolf Icon Supporter
GSD Trainer
66   0
Reaction score
Recently, I asked members about their experiences at this GA DNR open range. I got lot's of feedback from the ODT community, both good and not so good. Well we went Friday. Here's my experience.
It was fine. Not great, not terrible, but fine. Mostly because the shooters there were all courteous and RESPONSIBLE. It's small and no RO, so folks have to police themselves. Hot and cold were called by everyone. By small, there were 5 benches. 2 100 yard, 3 50. Then probably enough room for 6 people shooting pistols on the 25 yard section. You have to take your own cardboard, targets and binder clips to fasten the cardboard to the fencing. Definitely no frills but worth every penny of $5, think we will try the Wilson Shoals range next time.

This is the range that made me join River Bend for safety purposes. A man open fired on the pistol side while under cold range and a man was still hanging targets when he started to empty a clip. A week later woman was allowed to fire a semi auto 12 ga.. when it recoiled she dropped the gun and it discharged and struck another shooter in the leg.

The biggest problem is there are no mandatory required training courses. Any new gun owners can and will show up there to shoot. I was there with my 2 young boys shooting when the new gun owner unwrapped his new handgun and opened up on a cold range with an man in the field.
QUESTION: Do you want to be there with possibly your children not if but when another new gun owner decides to take his new prise to a range having never been taught gun any safety rules at all. Sorry, I AM NOT THE ONE!
You can go shoot but I want to mention " A word to the wise is ________ " well should be sufficient. Attend at your own risk!!!!!

The biggest problem is there are no mandatory required training courses.
You sound like these guys...
45bf6b11-f09a-4e61-add4-33472e649360.gif
giphy (27).gif

Back
Top Bottom