• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Reselling

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand why the OP would even care. Not his gun, he did not sell or buy it, but he wants to dictate when and for how much it sells. The OP must think the members here are too stupid to research and make their own buying decisions. Frankly, I believe the OP is totally out of touch with what has been happening since selling began.
I was surprised at your ignorance. Did you not read with comprehension my statement? I believe in "caveat emptor" which is Latin for "let the buyer beware" and I never said anything about price control, just the quick turn over time. By the way, I do have a passing knowledge of sales...40 years in medical sales with McKesson.

Before anyone gets wound up, I realize our site is going to have the same gun for sale/trade from time to time. But damn, listing it in the same 24 hour period? And for $75.00 more than the previous lister? Yes, this is America, and free trade and barter do exist, but can you not wait a few days? As an example, I looked at a pistol for sale, saw it was gone, and then saw the same handgun for sale. I compared photos from both sellers and the serial numbers matched.
Yes, I believe in caveat emptor, but we are members of one group.

Don't say anything about reselling or people over pricing. They run this place

I was surprised at your ignorance. Did you not read with comprehension my statement? I believe in "caveat emptor" which is Latin for "let the buyer beware" and I never said anything about price control, just the quick turn over time. By the way, I do have a passing knowledge of sales...40 years in medical sales with McKesson.

Trust me on this. No good will come of this. This forum is for flippers. That's its purpose. Plenty of people making pretty good money doing it, and it's not gonna change...

Sell your stuff here, as you will get more money than you would trading in at a dealer, but you will find much better deals, at retail outlets...

Someone was looking for a Glock 17 gen 5. Try to find one here for less than $600. Most are closer to $800. I just hooked him up with one new, from a dealer, for $516.

I spent weeks arguing your points, and all it got me was getting my account locked out for a day. It's just not worth it. You criticize the flippers, they circle the wagons, and you lose.

So, you don't care about the price, yet you complain that someone decided to sell something sooner than you want them to sell. Yeah, I am ignorant, can't comprehend, but I do know to keep my nose out of other members business. Something you should attempt to learn. If you have 40 years in selling, but don't understand how you sell when there is an opportunity to sell, then you did not learn much. Nothing like deciding for others what they should do and when they should do it. Yeah, I am the ignorant one. Sure.

So, you don't care about the price, yet you complain that someone decided to sell something sooner than you want them to sell. Yeah, I am ignorant, can't comprehend, but I do know to keep my nose out of other members business. Something you should attempt to learn. If you have 40 years in selling, but don't understand how you sell when there is an opportunity to sell, then you did not learn much. Nothing like deciding for others what they should do and when they should do it. Yeah, I am the ignorant one. Sure.
I'm glad you realized your shortcomings...now keep your nose out of my business. I guess you don't understand the amendment that precedes the 2nd, or do I need to explain that too?

Reactions: JWC
I'm glad you realized your shortcomings...now keep your nose out of my business. I guess you don't understand the amendment that precedes the 2nd, or do I need to explain that too?

The First doesn't apply here and they make no bones about it. I got slapped on the pee pee several times for saying things that were not popular.

I'm kind of guilty, I've bought and traded several guns over the the last year that I shot to try them out and then resold fairly quickly. Usually for the same price that I paid though, or i put ammo/other accessories with and bumped the price.

Yes, I would like for you to read and explain that to me. As would so many others. I will keep my nose out of your posts as soon as you admit that you want price controls as well as time controls. Let the gun police do their job. They don't need any assistance from an arrogant know it all. Thank you for your post. It is entertaining to watch you squirm and stutter when called out on your arrogance. Let the members decide what they want to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom