• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Requesting a county road paving - any insight?

In my county, it's not enough for the commissioner to want to pave the road. Supposedly, they've wanted to pave our road for 25 years. What they do need is people to sign away the right-of-way. We have a pair of people that are across from each other that won't do it. Several of my neighbors want the road paved, but I'd be happy if it never gets paved.

Why does the Atlanta crowd move up here “to get away from it all”, buy property on a dirt road and then start demanding the roads be paved, sidewalks and all of the other crap they were trying to get away from? Just stay down there and quit screwing things up for everyone else.

I've seen this my entire life. My father and uncles were developers and I've worked with them when I needed to over the years. I remember clearing land in and around Roswell years ago listening to people complain that they moved out of Atlanta to get away from the city. Even do everything they can to keep land from being developed.

I've also seen the same people vote for and complain about living "in the sticks" and wanting paved roads, sidewalks, greenways and dog parks only to complain that they're "little town" is just like Atlanta again.

Humans just suck in general and will keep sticking their finger in everything good until they ruin it so they can then complain about it.
Folks would bitch if they were hung with a new rope.

I have been calling the same guy for a year and six months ... I’m finally getting to where he knows me by my first name and road name and he finally just told me that they have us down on a list to be considered... should I be hopeful?

This guy is old and at this rate I will be giving a speech at his funeral on the paving of “X” road...

I am committed to getting this thing done.

Call the local media and show them the problem road and tell them about the issues. And also call your state rep/senator and see if they can get some resources. Ga. DOT used to allot about 1/2 mile of paving to each county each year- if Ga DOT is still doing that, your state rep could help out that issue. If other proprerty owners are impacted, get their support.

The more houses get built down a country dirt / gravel road, the more legitimate need there is to pave it.
Frequent use vs. occasional use, and all that.

Rather than BEECH about paving roads, I'd BEECH about townhomes / apartment buildings being approved out in the country. And too many strip shopping centers... do you REALLY need to have five different Starbucks coffee shops within 3 miles in any direction? And street lights, and sidewalks, and crosswalks with handicap-friendly signals that cost $100,000 each....
Too much money, requiring too-high taxes, and too-big government.

hahhahahahhaha.........they aren't ever going to pave your road sorry to bust your bubble. Their in charge.....they will raise taxes and blow the money, not to use it for people who live in the county silly rabbit.

Back
Top Bottom