• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Removing flooring adhesive from concrete.

Thanks everyone for your response, both serious and humorous alike. I wanted to try the cats, but my wife is allergic to those as well.

I rented a floor grinder and a vacuum, which worked well (especially after I figured out how to properly use the vacuum). I still have to do some scraping near edges the grinder couldn't reach, but that is much less effort than I was looking at previously.

I like to rent tools from Northside Tool Rental. They have a DIY program where you can rent on Friday afternoon and return on Monday morning and pay the single-day rate. So, I could get the job done between other important things like SEC football and the world series.

Long reach air scraper. Think of it like a wide, tough putty knife on the end of a 4 foot pipe......runs like a jackhammer. No chemicals, no grinding, no fumes. Should be able to rent one at home Depot.

If you have an air chisel body you can also just get a 3" wide scraper blade for it.....those blades are about $15. That requires hands and knees though, the long reach version is much easier since you can stand while using.

Two caveats. Gotta have a beefy compressor to drive it, that's number 1.

Number 2, technically it's a jackhammer, albeit not a gigantic one. If she gets away from you, especially near other surfaces you don't want damaged like walls or adjacent flooring, it'll damage them quickly. They'll chip out tile and grout for example if you are trying to remove that stuff so a little left over glue is a piece of cake.

Back
Top Bottom