• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Remington the sportsman. OLD!

I have two of them. I have one in 20 and one in 12. If you email Remington they will send you a man date.

I will send pics at some point but this is the shape that my 12 was in when I took it to be restored. The other is of my 20.

The 20 has been my dove gun for the past few years. This year I will hunt with pappys 12.

Looks awesome man. I want to redo mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They're neat and very robust guns. I got mine off GON when I lived in GA. It was made in 1914 (called Remington). I tore it down to springs, screws and pins and cleaned it thoroughly while checking for breakage and worn parts. I fit a new buttstock to it and and couple springs and screws were replaced. I cut the barrel to 18in and soldered a base and bead on it. I'm shooting it tomorrow in fact.:D

Being this old I assume steel for ducks wouldn’t be good for it?

Mine gets shot exclusively with slugs and buckshot. My barrel is cylinder bore since I cut it down and it scatters birdshot like a cloud versus a "pattern".

I do have a Poly Choke I was gonna have installed, but the company that does the installs in the midwest shut down. Now that would be super cool! 18 inch barrel, poly choke that goes from "slug" to XTra Full. That would be a do-all gun.

Mine gets shot exclusively with slugs and buckshot. My barrel is cylinder bore since I cut it down and it scatters birdshot like a cloud versus a "pattern".

I do have a Poly Choke I was gonna have installed, but the company that does the installs in the midwest shut down. Now that would be super cool! 18 inch barrel, poly choke that goes from "slug" to XTra Full. That would be a do-all gun.

Yes it would be awesome. Is it possible to get where these can shoot steel or is it the barrel material or something that makes it not worthy

Can bismuth be shot or lead only no matter wtat

Back
Top Bottom