• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Remington the sportsman. OLD!

First, check the trigger spring. I had an A5 that the trigger spring got loose and did that.

It has been several years, but IIRC, you have to pull the stock off and access the spring there, it is a flat spring.

There is also a safety part in that area that tends to break, but not likely your problem.

Those are robust guns, not likely to hurt it too bad.

Would suggest taking it to a gunsmith who can disassemble and diagnose what has been broken.
The good news is many parts are still available from Numrich.
If it turns out to be a broken spring as jeep78 suggests, then the cost of repair is primarily the labor.

There are several disassembly videos on the tube if you want to tackle it yourself, but be aware these can be challenging when compared to say a Model 1100 or an 870. Buy a good set of gunsmith screwdrivers so you don't damage the screws.

Best of luck in your new adventure.
Please keep us posted on what you find.

Would suggest taking it to a gunsmith who can disassemble and diagnose what has been broken.
The good news is many parts are still available from Numrich.
If it turns out to be a broken spring as jeep78 suggests, then the cost of repair is primarily the labor.

There are several disassembly videos on the tube if you want to tackle it yourself, but be aware these can be challenging when compared to say a Model 1100 or an 870. Buy a good set of gunsmith screwdrivers so you don't damage the screws.

Best of luck in your new adventure.
Please keep us posted on what you find.

Taking the stock off is easy, but you are right about further disassembly.

It will be obvious. A flat spring is either good or not.

Anything more than that, find someone familiar with the Browning system.

a49f20de1f48b3b57651440bce7ad9b8.jpg

9d51e4bf5dad2f5bcfbaa7d3b4adc501.jpg

This is what I’m looking at

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom