• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Remington 511 Sear Work

rustyboy

Default rank <2000 posts Supporter
Rear Admiral
86   0
Reaction score
I bought a Dec 1941 Remington 511 for effectively nothing. Seller disclosed the bolt would easily ride out after the trigger had been pulled. Apparently this is a common issue, as the sear works as a bolt stop and can get buggered over. I bought a replacement sear from Numrich. Its about 1/4" too tall to work. Filing and fitting is above my pay grade..

Any suggestions on someone to work on this for me? Given the date of manufacturing and ability to find a stock to hack down for LOP, I kind of want to make it my kid's first rifle. I'm in the gwinnett area.

You can get two screws and run them through the holes and line them up and Dremel away most of your excess. Then finish off by hand keeping in mind to keep some extra. I think once you get rid of most of the excess you will find it goes rather quickly with a file by hand.
Just a thought if you decide to tackle it.

You can get two screws and run them through the holes and line them up and Dremel away most of your excess. Then finish off by hand keeping in mind to keep some extra. I think once you get rid of most of the excess you will find it goes rather quickly with a file by hand.
Just a thought if you decide to tackle it.

It is more the shape and profile that has me worried. I still may give it a go. The sear was $18. I may order two more and get a case of beer...

A good link:

http://www.metalworkingfun.com/showthread.php?tid=2393

img.photobucket.com_albums_v479_alanganes_HSM_Board_Remington_20511_20sear_511sear3_zps385e2fdd.jpg

Back
Top Bottom