• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Remington 1100 stock removal tool

Did you try putting a wrench on your screwdriver for extra leverage?
Some of my Snap On screwdrivers have a hex built in below handle for a wrench/extra leverage.

Get a big ass square shank screwdriver. You can get them at a well stocked hardware or auto parts store. Put the stock in some sort of vice with protection, other pieces of wood, leather, something. Used to be a staple at Sears before it went tits up.

Put the screwdriver into the slot in the screw, put an appropriate size wrench on the screwdriver shank, LEAN into the screwdriver, and turn it with the wrench. Keep moving up in the length of the wrench until it turns. if you have a helper it's a little easier. You want to keep pressure to keep the blade of the screwdriver from jumping out of the slot and buggering it up. Also why you need the largest blade that will fit the slot.

A lot of woodworkers/cabinetmakers screwdrivers have square shanks.

Doesn't hurt to dribble a little Kroil or PB Blaster down the bolt. Seriously, it's just a big bolt with a screw head. I don't even know what "Special tool" you would use other than a screwdriver.

Capture+_2020-09-22-22-12-41.png
Capture+_2020-09-22-22-13-13.png

Get a big ass square shank screwdriver. You can get them at a well stocked hardware or auto parts store. Put the stock in some sort of vice with protection, other pieces of wood, leather, something. Used to be a staple at Sears before it went tits up.

Put the screwdriver into the slot in the screw, put an appropriate size wrench on the screwdriver shank, LEAN into the screwdriver, and turn it with the wrench. Keep moving up in the length of the wrench until it turns. if you have a helper it's a little easier. You want to keep pressure to keep the blade of the screwdriver from jumping out of the slot and buggering it up. Also why you need the largest blade that will fit the slot.

A lot of woodworkers/cabinetmakers screwdrivers have square shanks.

Doesn't hurt to dribble a little Kroil or PB Blaster down the bolt. Seriously, it's just a big bolt with a screw head. I don't even know what "Special tool" you would use other than a screwdriver.

I put Kroil on it, I have one of these screwdrivers. I put the stock in my bench vise so I could get leverage on it. Still wouldn't move

Back
Top Bottom