• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Remember the Buck 110 ?

IMG_20200914_093204.jpg

Located a few in the garage today. The top is the 392 and the small one under it is a 301 and the the 112 and 110. Have the original cases for them also.

Bought my oldtimer at Oshmans North Lake in 1970 - $5. Still have it. Cleaned lots of catfish with that knife when I lived on a camp in Texas. Drink Whiskey, fish, shoot, reload, lather ,rinse and repeat...........

Well thank GOD i ain't drinking, still got my knife and never killed nobody!

Carry 1 every day. Edit: I think mine’s a 112?
When I was a Youngster. About 50 years ago. I would put nose marks on the glass in front of the buck 110 in the PX at Fort Mac. When I got older, I saved up my grass cutting money and had my dad buy me one. Kept it for years word on my belt or in my back pocket. One night while trying to open a spit can while riding in a friend's car he hit a bump and I cut a big gash in my thumb. Had to go to the emergency room and get 6 stitches. Several years later I was in a real bad car wreck it was in my pocket and Wenda paramedics got me out that was the last I ever saw of it. Hope he used it to save people's lives. Anyway, when I got older and eBay came up I started collecting them 110 and 112 and the rest of them now I own probably 20 folders and at least that many fixed blades. Anyway, the story I wanted to tell was a friend of mine who knew about my collection had mentioned he always wanted one to wear on his belt. So on his birthday I brought them all to work had him turn around so he couldn't see what I was doing and laid them all out on the desk and told him happy birthday pic one. He thought that was just neat as crap. My friend has since passed on. He was diagnosed with ALS passed away about a year after his diagnosis. But he always wore that knife on his belt. When I saw this thread it reminded me of him and I just had to smile.

My 110 is so old that the button tore out of the leather sheath. I contacted buck and they cover the knife not the sheath..So I purchased a new sheath but now they are black leather..Mine has cleaned more game than I can count and never let me down..It is in the door of my truck, I will pass it down when I am gone..

Back
Top Bottom