• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Reloading Questions

How's it coming for you? You doing actual reloading or just preparing to do so?
Been reloading.. just some 9mm.. luckily I found out early that I was not seating some of my bullets deep enough..
i got just a singe stage.. so I’ll prep quite a free some days then when I have time i do the last couple of steps.. I think right now my overall length is 1.10 to 1.12..
if im wrong someone please help us out

Been reloading.. just some 9mm.. luckily I found out early that I was seating some of my bullets deep enough..
i got just a singe stage.. so I’ll prep quite a free some days then when I have time i do the last couple of steps.. I think right now my overall length is 1.10 to 1.12..
if im wrong someone please help us out

Did you mean to say "you weren't seating your bullets deep enough"?

How did you discover your error?

Fired any of your reloads?

I2ut664ISNaSQ%gUQvgyaQ.jpg

Sammi spec's shows a minimum overall length of 1.000 an a maximum of 1.169 I would assume the bullet type/shape will have your length varying between those two numbers?

Did you mean to say "you weren't seating your bullets deep enough"?

How did you discover your error?

Fired any of your reloads?
Yes that’s what I meant, sorry.
Some would not feed in one of my pistols.. checked the length and they were a little long.. remember I’m just a newb here… yes I’ve shot some.. they do fine , now that I seat at overall length rite at 1.10…
I tried the powder coated bullets and found out that I like the copper plated better..
as far as powder goes I stay on the low side of the charge right now

Yes that’s what I meant, sorry.
Some would not feed in one of my pistols.. checked the length and they were a little long.. remember I’m just a newb here… yes I’ve shot some.. they do fine , now that I seat at overall length rite at 1.10…
I tried the powder coated bullets and found out that I like the copper plated better..
as far as powder goes I stay on the low side of the charge right now

Well you are ahead of me...won't shoot these first of my reloads until probably Monday or Tuesday when I can get up to the range. Love learning about it all though...and I've been preparing for the actual reloading for like a year lol

Well you are ahead of me...won't shoot these first of my reloads until probably Monday or Tuesday when I can get up to the range. Love learning about it all though...and I've been preparing for the actual reloading for like a year lol
If you can, find some one that can show you some basics.. I did.. it helps a lot..

If you can, find some one that can show you some basics.. I did.. it helps a lot..

I've got a decent handle on things...I think...at least for pistol reloading. Once I feel confident I'm producing a quality pistol round, I'll dip my toes into some .223 and THEN I'm going to need plenty of advice.

Odd to me is that a heavier bullets takes lighter powder load than a lighter bullet
124 gr. Will take less powder than a 115 gr..
Or so my reloading book says

Back
Top Bottom