• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Reloading Questions

I’ll have to try that tomorrow, thanks for the tip.

are you not checking rounds with a case gauge at all during the reloading process?
I am. They all get case gauged in a Shockbottle Hundo.

The barrel plunk is just when setting up a load with a new projectile to ensure it fits the guns I plan on running it in.

8B45E731-8602-4181-9FEE-C7D18C003F39.jpeg

I am. They all get case gauged in a Shockbottle Hundo.

The barrel plunk is just when setting up a load with a new projectile to ensure it fits the guns I plan on running it in.

View attachment 3334632

Thats a serious case gauge!

Another random question…I pick up a lot of range brass…do you sort your brass by manufacturer before reloading it?

Thats a serious case gauge!

Another random question…I pick up a lot of range brass…do you sort your brass by manufacturer before reloading it?
Nope. Not even for my 9 major loads.

Only think I cull are stepped 9mm cases. They’re bad news for PCC and major loads.

Good to know…I figure I’ll reload 25 rounds and get up to the range and make sure all is well prior to pumping out a large amount at one sitting
Get a chronograph. You’ve spent $500+ on a press. $150 to make sure the loads are correct is the only smart way to play. Cant rely on book data. It’s different for every gun.

I don’t believe you have any power factor mins for 3 gun (I believe this is your primary sport), but for USPSA you do.

The number of dudes loading and not chrono’ing their ammo is scary.

Get a chronograph. You’ve spent $500+ on a press. $150 to make sure the loads are correct is the only smart way to play. Cant rely on book data. It’s different for every gun.

I don’t believe you have any power factor mins for 3 gun (I believe this is your primary sport), but for USPSA you do.

The number of dudes loading and not chrono’ing their ammo is scary.

I was actually looking at chronographs on Midway a few minutes ago…any rec’s on a decent one that won’t break the bank?

Back
Top Bottom