reloading beginner

Status
Not open for further replies.

carlos2009

Default rank <2500 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
89   1
Reaction score
I'm wanting to start reloading I have no idea what all.I.need or who.makes the best equipment Im not worried about the price I want good quality supplies I'm going to be loading 7mm may,300 rum,338 rum and 270 win, can anyone help me out

First read the sticky in this forum, it has some very good information. I would suggest that you get that a least one reloading manual and read it from cover to cover. I would also suggest going and looking at someone els's setup and process flow. Now to your question of who makes the best. You could ask 5 people and get just as many answers. I have a Lee classic cast press and a Lee Breech Lock Cast Press. Both of these are single stage, one hole for dies to in, I am just a old school kinda guy. Lee makes some good equipment, but so do others. Lee for me is just good equipment at a great price. Now for dies I have sets from all the manufacturers. I still think that Lee has em beat for value. There are for sure some good handloaders on here that I am sure would help you out. If I were closer to you, you could come view my process and setup. This is a VERY addicting hobby that I enjoy a lot. There is just nothing like rolling your own and seeing that bullet go in the same hole!

^ Good advice.

Lee makes some really decent starter kits that help lower the initial sticker shock as the small parts add up quickly. A single press is one you will probably always find a use for. I still load all my rifle brass with a single stage press.

There are a couple of good starter books-ABC's of reloading, metallic cartridge reloading etc. NRA often offers reloading classes but a seasoned reloader in your area can walk you through ropes. You will get a lot out of just reading though.

Amen to what ^^ they said. I started with a Rockchucker years ago, and love my Loadmaster. (Still use the 'chucker for certain loads)

I went thru the same thing and ive learned a lot here. Get the lyman 49th it covered abunch of stuff a lot didnt but it was missing some stuff that others had. Our the others worded it different. Lee manual is good he gets wordy in there at times but has good information. But get you a few different manuals and compare load information never go off of one source. Plus some have bullet types the others don't.
The speer manual is hit and miss on information I got it free.

I am not sure were you are located I am in Warner Robbins Gary at Oak Ridge dose reloading classes he uses Dillon equipment. I reload mainly for handguns 9mm 45acp 44 mag and 357mag I will be glad to help with the basics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom