• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Reloading 22lr ammo

giphy (25).gif

I have a 22 reloader kit. You can cast your own bullets. You can use strike anywhere matches or caps is the primer. If you load it just using the primer material it'll still make about 600 ft per second with the smaller the two bullets. It's called 22 reloader.com check it out it's a cool little setup everything you need.

I watched/read a pile on the subject, between using matches... roll caps... making your own priming material or buying a kit. The process. Getting a mold to cast those bullets. I like reloading and casting a bit but for the volume I’d want to shoot and the labor you’d put into it... it seems more tedious than relaxing. I could probably get a part time job to earn extra cash to pay for gouge price .22 and come out with more rounds than what I could reload.

While I do have a pile of .22 LR, it’s lack of availability (and it is still out there and I on occasion still get it from stores) I’d just assume to buy pellets by the thousands that are still sitting on the shelf and shoot my .22 PCP. Plus, if 600 FPS is what is being experienced by the reloads, a PCP/springer/gas piston gun is going to have a much nicer trajectory and let you keep pulling the trigger. For the volume many of us would want to shoot .22 LR and the slow process hand loading .22 LR would be, I’d choose more trigger time on a pellet gun over trying to reload and shoot a little .22 LR every time and just shoot factory loaded .22 LR as it comes up. My daughter probably shoots it more than me but other than CO2 guns or weaker pumpers, she’s just too small for PCP/springers. So she has a few cases set aside for her continued use in her Rascal through the current drought.

Back
Top Bottom