• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Registered Lightning Link Installation-Legality

dannymcd

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
30   0
Reaction score
I am trying to determine if it is legal to install the Link into a post ban weapon. Since the Link itself is considered the machine gun it seems like it would be ok, but not worth 10 years! Can someone with Class III knowledge help? Thanks!!!

Yes... Provided the link is. Registered Machine gun.. To the best of my knowledge , Machine Gun trumps all... What I mean by that is for example, when I had a LL, I could put shorty upper on my lower, as the the LL, constitutes a machine gun, whereas you had to remove the shorty upper prior to removal of the LL... I use to say FILO, with my LL.. First in, Last out of the lower..
Others that are more NFA savvy may chime in.

I sold my LL for a Registered Receiver a long time ago, but recall it was initially designed for the SP1 type of bolt carrier, there was a dude that made select fire parts kits, which enabled a LL installed lower to have safe-semi-full. I believe he modified burst kits... he went by Circuits or something like that on ARFCOM.

OR, we could stop asking for permission to use our rights and you could just install it?

Just a thought.

Maybe it’s time to take a page from the progressives play book and just do what ever we damn well like? There’s more of us than them....just a thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hear club fed's a bit cold this time of year.

I find it interesting every time I purpose taking individual liberty and freedom into ones hands the first reaction is “fed”.

It’s no wonder we have been so roundly defeated in every arena of modern life. We loose and will continue at every turn.

Why are we so averse to freedom?

I think there are plenty of people who do exactly what your talking about. They just don't go and shout about it online for everyone to see.

I find it interesting every time I purpose taking individual liberty and freedom into ones hands the first reaction is “fed”.

It’s no wonder we have been so roundly defeated in every arena of modern life. We loose and will continue at every turn.

Why are we so averse to freedom?

Not adverse to freedom... adverse to 10 years in prison.

Breaking the law as it stands isn't 'freedom', it's criminality. You can argue that the law is unjust, and do whatever you think is right to get it removed or changed, but breaking it doesn't make you free, it just makes you a criminal.

I think there are plenty of people who do exactly what your talking about. They just don't go and shout about it online for everyone to see.
So what do you think about my original question? Legal to drop it into anything I can make it function in, or pre ban only? I'm all about freedom, but I hate the thought of prison!!

Back
Top Bottom