• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Refinancing my house questions

Bi weekly payments can be set up at the time of your initial loan. Paying every two weeks, which is equivalent to one extra payment per year. This does reduce your loan balance earlier, savings you interest by accelerating your principal reduction.

However, if your loan is not initially set up this way, the servicer will hold your "partial" payment until the entire amount due for the month is received, then apply to your account. You would still pay an extra payment every year, accelerating your principal reduction as well.

It is best to initially set this up, but you can accomplish the same goals if you have not. You will just need to stay "on top" of the loan servicer to ensure that they are applying your payments correctly and in a timely manner.

Hey Jake! If you need any numbers crunched, I'd be happy to help. (For qualifications, I've got my MBA in Finance and don't miss a single number when counting to 100 ;) )
We've built a few homes now and went through the re-fi process last year. We found the 20 year mortgage was the sweet spot for us - payments only went up a little, but shaved off a lot of years and instantly were paying more towards principal than interest.
Rates are stupid low right now, so definitely a great thing to explore and weigh your options.

I just closed my refi today that HKMurkure HKMurkure helped me secure. Can’t say enough good things about him. Needless to say he’s highly recommended .

2.5% for 30 years, nothing down, approx $200 cash to close, easy and painless process. Even did the closing over a webcam. Didn’t have to leave my house. Thanks again Steven!

I just closed my refi today that HKMurkure HKMurkure helped me secure. Can’t say enough good things about him. Needless to say he’s highly recommended .

2.5% for 30 years, nothing down, approx $200 cash to close, easy and painless process. Even did the closing over a webcam. Didn’t have to leave my house. Thanks again Steven!

Thank you for the kind words. It was a pleasure to work with you and I appreciate the opportunity to earn your business!!

Back
Top Bottom