• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Redfield Scopes???

napp

Default rank <3000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
45   0
Reaction score
I picked up a Remington 700 BDL from a member yesterday. It has never been scoped and now I'm looking for a scope for it. I have seen some pretty good online reviews on the Redfield Revolution scopes; and the price seems to be reasonable. (There is an ongoing rebate for $30.)

I am especially interested in comments on the Revolution being manufactured in Oregon after Leupold assumed the Redfield business. If any of you have experience with this particular scope, I would appreciate your responses.

I am not a hunter; so the use would be mostly punching holes in paper at ranges from 100-500 yards. Caliber of the ammo is 30.06.

I have looked at those and were not to impressed with the glass. I had to think about it for a liong time before I bought my Loopy. I like the Loopy my self..

Ya know, I ahve always wondered how many deer were brought down with cheap lil ole tasco and simmons scopes before we found out that we need to pay $1,000.00 + for glass to do the same thing LOL

Ya know, I ahve always wondered how many deer were brought down with cheap lil ole tasco and simmons scopes before we found out that we need to pay $1,000.00 + for glass to do the same thing LOL

That's a good point. This will be the first scoped rifle I've ever owned. I shot service rifle competition when I was in the military; and never had a problem with iron sights. Unfortunately, my old eyes aren't up to the task anymore; so I'm joining the glass club. I'm still having a problem getting adjusted to the fact that most scopes people recommend cost more than I paid for the rifle.

I have put a Bushnell on my .22 and my 9mm carbine and usually around 39.00 to 79.00.. I have had good luck with those aswell....

IMHO, buy the best scope that you can, that will last a lifetime. Best investment you can make. If you are a trophy hunter, most of your opps will come in the really early AM, or late PM, when ID'ing your target and analyzing the rack is crucial. I had a Leopold top of the line scope that was supposed to compete with the european glass for light gathering, clarity, etc, but was still hunting with a friend, he had great Euro glass, we saw same deer, looked at him right at dawn through both scopes, and the high quality European scope was far and away brighter, clearer, with a great deal more detail in view. I now have a Ziess, and have never regretted the $1100 price tag. Having said all that I realize everyone is not aable to spend that kind of $$ for a scope, never had a problem out of my several Looper's before, and have a great pair of Looper bino's that I use out west. Just sayin, great glass is never a bad investment!!

I like the revolution as it's made in the US and has very good optics, put one on my 7mm. BUT- that long action on the remington means you need to get the right mounts for it.

I have the Redfield Revenge 6-18X44 on my Ruger American Rifle in .308. I love this scope.

Always been a cheap scope kind of guy, so this was my first venture into a quality optic. Yes, these are made on Leupold production lines by Leupold employees. I've been in manufacturing my whole career and I'll bet my next pay check they are built using Leupold components.

Lifetime warranty. Crystal clear optics. The Revenge line has the built-in range finder with bullet drop compensator for the proper hold-over at range. Neat feature.

Ok, so was at the range sighting it in. Went through a few adjustments. Range went hot. Steadied the rifle and squeezed the trigger. This was at 100 yards. I put the gun away after the first round. Only so I wouldn't spoil the target. I'm really not that good of a shot so at least I had one decent target.

Good luck in your decision!

Attachments

• 308 100 yds.jpg
    308 100 yds.jpg
    379.5 KB · Views: 104
Back
Top Bottom