• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Red Flag Laws Sponsored by GA Representative

glock dude

Default rank <750 posts Supporter
Frontiersman
63   0
Reaction score
Rep Lucy McBath of the sixth district has introduced a red flag bill. It is an extreme risk protection order. If you do not know what these are, google them. It is a real problem and we as a group of law abiding gun owners cannot sit back and let this pass. There are 4 of these bills in the US House of Representatives now and I could see President Trump signing one into law. Call, email, write and show up in person and politely remind Rep McBath that we want to keep this country an American country. A place where you cannot take a persons property without letting them have there day in court.

video of President Trump liking these types of laws

Rep McBath's Bill
https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-congress/house-bill/3076/text?q={"search":["lucy"]}&r=1&s=2

gun and gadgets. A great channel that has 2A news

I lived in the 6th district for 31 years... just left last year. So many transplants moving in. Going back to visit my dad in the house I grew up in even one year later - the place is changing so fast. I hope Karen Handel wins the next election, but not holding my breath.

Anyone surprised?

She's the Bloomberg shill (literally works for Mom's Demand or Everytown, forget which) who lives in TN yet still got elected to replace Handel in E. Cobb last election.

Her job in the legislature will be to push whatever agenda Bloomberg dictates, and 'Red Flag' laws are #1 with a bullet this year.

Wow, that is one far reaching bill... Covers a lot of ground to allow almost anyone to set up the red flag.....

So un Constitutional......

They all are, by definition.

Anything that allows the government to confiscate personal property without any opportunity to challenge it in court is completely violating the due process clause.

The problem is that so far they have cherry picked who they apply it to.

That guy that was killed in Baltimore would have been a great test case, but he dead now. The people they have hit with it so far haven't been the kind of straight-up people that would look good testifying before a Federal appeals court or SCOTUS, and sadly, 'looks' matter in these cases.

There's a reason Rosa Parks was chosen to be the test case for the Montgomery bus case. She wasn't some old lady that got sick and tired of sitting at the back of the bus. She was an activist but was older, had a spotless record, and was well respected in the city.

And unfortunately, you can't take a law to court, you have to have a victim or defendant. You have to show that some real person was actually harmed by the law. There's some wiggle room there but usually you need someone like Dick Heller or Rosa Parks to build a case around if you want to get all the way to SCOTUS and have a law declared unconstitutional.

reminding her of constitutional duties and rights is like having john wayne gacy watch your kids then remind him not to rape and kill them

All these "Red Flag" law that is going on around the Country, are the first step and attempt of a National Gun Control. Just watch!
Now, I've heard that this one in Georgia wont go further... yet, they will try again soon...

I just Heard of a good case where there should be a new red flag law to apply to people like this. A young black man hates the cops. His older brother is an armed robber and murderer serving a life sentence in prison.
This young piece of sh** thug wants to be like his brother and thinks that it would be a good idea to kill cops.

He videotapes himself pointing a pistol and a random cops's back while the officer is distracted pulling over some motorist.
KEY FACT: the cop does not know that he was having a pistol aimed at him.

But Young Thug posts the video of his pistol-pointing on social media and laughs about it and says it would've been a good day to kill a cop.

He was identified through his social media account and arrested shortly there after. However he cannot be charged with aggravated assault because the cop was not aware of the assault taking place, and it was not a bona fide attempt to hurt the cop merely threatening to. So the only charge against him now is the misdemeanor crime of "Pointing a Pistol at Another."

That offense does not make somebody a prohibited person under federal or state law. Even if the cops confiscate his pistol and never return it, he will be free to buy another -- especially after his one year term of misdemeanor probation is up.

I think guys like this should be red flagged, and subject to a lifetime ban on gun ownership absent their petition to have their gun rights restored.

Maybe 10 years in the future I would consider letting this young man have his Second Amendment rights. But not now. Not next year, nor the year after.

Back
Top Bottom