• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Recommendations for Very High-End 1911s

Wilson Combat
Les Baer
Nighthawk
Ed Brown

Your way full custom, Infinity.

STI/STACCATO makes an excellent quality duty/use/competition gun, but they lack in looks department.

A good carry 1911 that won't break your wallet, Sig or Dan Wesson.

m1a and 1911, in the hands of someone who knows how to use them, are a pretty “practical” combo Imho.1
I wonder how many graves shook when you made the comment about a 1911 and M1a being
“not much of a practical use” lol.
I get it that 2011 and an AR are modern deadly combos...with higher mag capacities.
But in a real, ”practical” gunfight situation today involving self-defense...I would avoid the guy with a 1911 and M1A.
He probably knows how to use them.
Just sayin...
Interesting a friend of mine mentioned the other day about his son in law winning a medal with an M1A that he had given him. The friend is a highly decorated Vietnam vet who carries a 1911 and has put more than a few rounds through both platforms.

I am falling down the rabbit hole that is the 1911 and wanted to get some names of top makers of custom high-end 1911s to look at. I don't really know the threshold for "high-end", but I am seeing 4K - 5K+ newly manufactured 1911s. I found Cabot Guns, Ed Brown, Nighthawk...But not sure if these are really amazing 1911s or just pricey flash. Any other notable names to look at?

Not really looking at rare, historical 1911s, or collectors; more interested in newly manufactured, high-end pistols. For clarity just looking and dreaming, not wanting to purchase at this time.

Any names you can provide for eye candy is appreciated. I am completely new to the 1911 platform and already feel like its a good fit for my interests (history, beauty, caliber).

Thanks!
Combat Precision here in georgia is the best that I have ever put my hands on. He will also work with you to design what ever features you can come up with and incorporate them into the pistol. The fitting and attention to detail is incredible

Back
Top Bottom